Once again: what are you listening to now?

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Here is a vid of Camille live using a sampler to layer her vocals while she sings a capella. I have seen this used to great effect Live recently by Imogen Heap, who's most recent album was up for a grammy watch Imogen, she is a master of vocal sampling live.
Imogen Heap Vocal Tour De Force
Imogen heap as in "Hide and Seak" Imogen heap? Hahahaha! That band is the butt end of sooo many parodies.

I've been listening to Daniel Wesley's Oo Oh... He sucks live.. but it's catchy.

SheepStar

Last edited by a moderator:
H

Hawkeye

Full Audioholic
Peter Bardens - s/t Japanese import
Blackfield II
Chris Rea - King of the Beach
The Zombies - Odessey and Oracle

L

larry7995

Full Audioholic
Steve Earle - Train A Comin
CSN - CSN
Berlin Philharmonic - Beethoven 6th
Roomful of Blues - There Goes The Neighborhood

jagxtype

jagxtype

Audioholic
anyone have the allman brothers band DVD live? How is it?

I was listening to the Allman Bros. albums the other night on a thing called the 7th day on KSHE95 here in stl and they have some really good songs and some that really put your sytem to the test in terms of power and nuances. I can't imagine it on DVD or HDaudio or SACD or even just a CD. I have a few songs of theirs downloaded, but had no idea what most were that they were playing.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
anyone have the allman brothers band DVD live? How is it?

I was listening to the Allman Bros. albums the other night on a thing called the 7th day on KSHE95 here in stl and they have some really good songs and some that really put your sytem to the test in terms of power and nuances. I can't imagine it on DVD or HDaudio or SACD or even just a CD. I have a few songs of theirs downloaded, but had no idea what most were that they were playing.
No. But I know I have the Allmans somewhere buried in my Elcassette collection (if anyone here remembers that format). I may just have to dig it out now. :)

jagxtype

jagxtype

Audioholic
i do not even own a cassette player anymore:p

I might have to download some allman bros tonight, i just dont know where to find the good ones yet.

jagxtype

jagxtype

Audioholic
ah, before my time for sure. But interesting none the less. I will have to research a little when i am not at work.

I think i will download the allman bros while i am hooking up the Hk 745 and i will then see how it sounds and i will put the good ones up IMO:)

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
I've been listening to Daniel Wesley's Oo Oh... He sucks live.. but it's catchy.

Interesting find, I had never heard of him. What's a guy from Canada doing with a Sex Wax shirt on? Haha. Kinda funny. I can't imagine being able to spend too much time on a beach in Canada.

Sounds like he pulled a lot (too much?) of influence from my favorite band ever.... Sublime
Bradley Nowell had soul and the mic control.. he was great live, even while messed up!! ;)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kr2ucT4Hfkc Recorded

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pLuFUcgZqJY Live (Buncha songs!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Fastnbulbous

Fastnbulbous

Audioholic
New goodies this year:

Beach House - Devotion
Hot Chip - Made In The Dark
Mgmt - Oracular Spectacular
Vampire Weekend

This came out last year but didn't hear it 'til now:
Nação Zumbí - Fome De Tudo

My 2007 list.

L

larry7995

Full Audioholic
King's X - Gretchen Goes To Nebraska - really noticing that I need a big sub to bring out Doug Pinnick's bass...

H

hwkn

Junior Audioholic
Bob Dylan-Nashville Skyline.....Rolling Stones-Get Yer Ya Ya's Out[both hybrid sacd's]

L

larry7995

Full Audioholic
Hans-Andre Stamm, Bach organ Works II on dvd, pretty cool!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis