Once again: what are you listening to now?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Were you listening on the same system?

And, man, there's varying degrees of quality for MP3. It's just a file format. :)
Yeah, it was on the same system and I threw the vinyl on in mid post to compare. I do understand that there are varying degrees of suck with an MP3. j/k but the Amazon MP3 sucks hard.

EDIT: Wow, you can get a new copy for 20 bucks.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=popular&field-keywords=La Fiesta Brava The Brave Bulls

I don't know if I like it that much.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, it was on the same system and I threw the vinyl on in mid post to compare. I do understand that there are varying degrees of suck with an MP3. j/k but the Amazon MP3 sucks hard.
I can't remember if you have iTunes or not, but the iTunes Store has the whole album for $6. I only compared the first few seconds of that first song, but to me, the iTunes version sounds worlds better than the Amazon version. I'd be interested if you think it's near that of your album.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I can't remember if you have iTunes or not, but the iTunes Store has the whole album for $6. I only compared the first few seconds of that first song, but to me, the iTunes version sounds worlds better than the Amazon version. I'd be interested if you think it's near that of your album.
I do have iTunes but don't know anything about there store or how to sample their evil wares. What do you want from a guy who spins scratchy vinyl? Anyways, I'm trying to give iTunes a urine sample to get into the store but they seem to want blood. It's stopped up at provide a payment method. PP was good enough for everybody else but honestly I'm already jerked off about spending 4 minutes on this and failing.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks for trying! You can sample them online by Googling "Genaro Nunez iTunes", but those samples sound about as bad as those on Amazon. So, I'm wondering if the issue is the preview quality and not the file itself. The one review on Amazon was from someone who said that the MP3's sounded as good as his old record. Eh, whatever. Ponzio can check them out if he's interested. :)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I tried that Google re-route thing and it wanted me to first open iTunes which I did but it still didn't recognize that and then it wanted me to download iTunes which I won't because I already did. iTunes and PCs really were not meant for each other. This has traumatized me. I blame Amazon and iTunes for ruining bull fighting music for me. This is why MP3s suck.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Sorry about the late reply guys. Just got back from a joyous event. My daughter was proposed too tonight at a family function. My future son-in-law asked me for her hand in marriage a month ago and tonight he popped the question. Both his mother and my wife are excited beyond description. My future father-in-law and I both looked at each other and realized that our respective treasuries will be emptied very soon. :eek:

Regarding The Brave Bulls, the choices are slim. The Amazon mp3's sound like crap, the YouTube offerings are even worse and I refuse to deal with the Evil Empire (iTunes). At this point we must throw ourselves at the feet of Alex and beg his indulgence to convert his album into high-bit (320kb) mp3 or Flac files. :) I say our chances are slim to none from the evident love he has for MP3's. :D

While I'm disappointed, I can assure you that my friends and family are relieved that I won't be torturing them with bullfighting songs for the next week or two. :D

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Long John Baldry - Don't Try To Lay No Boogie Woogie On The King Of Rock 'n' Roll

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Here's another scratchy poppy mess that has surprisingly beautiful music playing through ... until you get to the part that skips. Oh well, not everything lasts forever.

Back to an old favorite in terms of clean vinyl and an excellent recording:

The last time I played this was for my Brother in Law a couple of years ago just to show him how good vinyl can sound. That was on the Dayton BR-1s. The subs were in IIRC but they don't matter on this.

I should probably quit gushing but the MB-27s really shine with this. They sound good with rap too but we'll not venture there.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Here's yet another album that's out of my normal area of interest.

Just in case anybody is wondering, I'm not just posting pictures. I'm hearing these albums out.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Here's yet another album that's out of my normal area of interest.

Just in case anybody is wondering, I'm not just posting pictures. I'm hearing these albums out.
You dress just like the dude on the cover...and you both look smashing!:D

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Some last minute Christmas shopping music to get in the mood. :)

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Gomez - Charley Patton Songs ... modern rockers homage to old blues masters.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord

I had to laugh the other night when it occurred to me that my g/f belongs to the generation that thought disco was the answer.

When Rick was here I figured out that when using the phono on the 2600 I would get a little distortion around -5 MV. In honor of Walter I cranked it to +15. I was waiting for rec'r to throw a rod but it hung right in there. I had cleaned up some of the cabling I thought might be contributing to the problem. I think I need that Music Hall phono pre amp.

I hope my neighbors like disco.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai

Picked this up while Xmas shopping. As expected from Knopfler, excellent SQ.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
For some reason I must have listened to this like 10 times in a row on the way home.

I like the part where it sounds like he says, "Oh I'd ... do you."

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis