Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
A lot of people give Bon Jovi a hard time and criticizm. I don't keep track of him so I don't know exactly why that is. I enjoy the music however. I have a bunch of it. He's still performing and still churning.
I can listen to Bon Jovi just about anytime.
IIRC, JBJ had a throat surgery or something, and now he sounds like a cat in the dryer. It's too bad, talented guy.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Stupid Tapatalk... can't quote @Jgarcia, but agreed. Scott, despite all his demons was a real talent. Layne staley too...

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

Layne

When I saw Staind some years back, Aaron did this one acoustic and it was powerful. The audience stopped and just listened. This was maybe a year after Layne passed. He also did the above track.

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I have some of the acoustic staind/Aaron Lewis stuff. My favorite is nutshell. Also, Corey Taylor and Aaron do(among others) a spine tingling version of "down in a hole". Maybe I'll link em.
Good links btw.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

Layne

When I saw Staind some years back, Aaron did this one acoustic and it was powerful. The audience stopped and just listened. This was maybe a year after Layne passed. He also did the above track.

I have Temple of the Dog. What an awesome cd. It was a one off collaboration between Soundgarden and Pearl Jam. Wooden Jesus and Savior are 2 of my favorite songs. @William Lemmerhirt Should check out Wooden Jesus for a funky drum beat. I still don't know how he's hitting that block. Has to be on a foot pedal.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, I had to repurchase Temple of the Dog. It got stolen some time back and I really like that whole album.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Going back to 1982 on to a Canadian Band called Toronto .. Title track of their album... listening to it on cassette

another song off the album..

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, I had to repurchase Temple of the Dog. It got stolen some time back and I really like that whole album.
I lost mine a long time ago. Got a replacement for it on Ebay for 7 bucks. To me it's a classic.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I lost mine a long time ago. Got a replacement for it on Ebay for 7 bucks. To me it's a classic.
Me too. Many many memories tied to that one. Wooden Jesus is also a favorite of mine, and I love the intro. I've never seen Matt use anything on his left side except his hats. I would guess that block is an overdub, or done by Chris Cornell, or Eddie vedder. Great song in any case. Speaking of Matt Cameron(who is one of the nicest guys ever). Even though Eddie vedder has said Matt makes them a better band, I disagree. I think his best work is in Soundgarden. Dave krusen(iirc) recorded "ten" and imo gave Pearl Jam the best vibe, and it is their best sounding, and best album. The crazy thing about temple is PJ wasn't even a band yet, and neither them or soundgarden had released their debuts yet.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis