OMG...Just hooked up Behringer EP2500

G

GSXR_Rider

Enthusiast
Just had to post this.......I hooked up my new Behringer EP2500 to run my front L&R mains (Klipsch KG5.5) in place of powering these speakers with my current AV receiver (Yamaha RX-V665)......there is absolutely NO comparison!

The Klipsch are efficient speakers so I was not sure what kind of improvements I would see. The Klipsch are 8ohm speakers and the EP2500 is running 450w x 2. I also have a pair of Dayton 15" DVC sealed subs running with individual Dayton SA240 plate amps which each see a 4 ohm load to each sub rated at a conservative 240 watts x 1.

The addition of the EP2500 makes the amp that formerly powered the Klipsch in the RX-V665 look like a child's toy.

No turn on thump, no noise from the Behringer and insane amounts of headroom. I used the low pass cutoff on the EP2500 switched to 50hz.

If anyone on this forum is on the fence about the EP2500 you should pull the trigger. The dollar to performance ratio is unheard of - I am shocked you can purchase an amp of this quality for such an amazing price ($285 shipped from B&H).

For what its worth I also added an ART Cleanbox and Furman power conditioner to plug everything into.

Now I am just trying to figure out the best way to add a second EP2500 into the mix!

njedpx3

njedpx3

Audioholic General
Very Nice!

GSXR -Rider very nice power amp - Congrats

T

tcarcio

Audioholic General
I have 2 of them and for the money you can't beat them.:cool: I price matched the BH price at brasswind and woodwind and got them for 274 each shipped....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis