Omar Hakim on DTS Demo disc

V

vlad335

Junior Audioholic
I picked up the DTS demo Alive #10 off of Ebay and I am completely blown away by the Omar Hakim track "Listen Up." Wow!

Question: Is this complete DVD recording available? All the other music on the disk can be found readily. Searches on google turn up nothing except to refer to this one track on the DTS demo.

I am sure they recorded more than one song. I would buy this DVD in a heartbeat if I could find it.

H

Helen David

Audiophyte
Omar Hakim

I saw that Demo DVD by accident in a shop in Bribane. Sice then I have been trying to purchase a copy with no luck. Would you know where I could obtain a copy in my part of the world. Thanks

F

FTLOSM

Audiophyte
Vlad,

I too was blown away by Omar Hakim's song on that dvd while visiting circuit city I caught it and instanty was hooked, I have searched the web, trying to find an mp3 clip or converted video clip or a full cd or anything about that song from Omar Hakim and can't find anything out there.

Music is a huge part of my life, I run the website for jazz/rock drummer www.moyeslucas.com an excellent player who like Omar Hakim has played with many top rock and jazz artists and I sure hope I get to meet Omar oneday.

I don't have a blueray player, or a tv to do the higher end 1080p (blueray is upto 1080p right?), I didnt look too deep into specs cuz i could tell my wife was mad at me even sitting at the demo screen, LOL heck I just watch my 6 yr old 1080i with 5.1 dts and love it, but wife won't let me upgrade dvd or tv or stereo reciever till my current setup dies...

So for a guy like me with a standard 480p dvd player, basic 5.1 dts sound system and normal 1080i tv, I guess I won't be able to buy and enjoy a blueray 7.1 dts dvd like this for years to come....

But if anyone knows where I can even get a most basic 2.0 stereo audio only even version of the Omar Hakim clip even just a low rate mp3 of it for the music alone, from that dvd please contact me as I have searched for it for a long time hoping to catch it on the web somewhere but so far no luck.

Bill :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I saw the demo on one of the DTS demo discs too, it is very well done.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
I haven't heard it but

This is all I was able to turn up with a few searches.

aes.org said:
Last Updated: 20060817, mei

Sunday, October 8, 4:30 pm — 6:30 pm

T26 - THE MAKING OF LISTEN UP! BY THE OMAR HAKIM BAND—AN HD VIDEO WITH HI-RESOLUTION AUDIO

Presenters:
Jeff Levison, DTS, Inc. - Agoura Hills, CA, USA
Ronald Prent, Galaxy Studios - Mol, Belgium

Abstract:
This tutorial details the making of Listen Up!, a special recording of Omar Hakim and his band in HD-Video and 48-track HD audio. Produced at Galaxy Studios in Belgium, this project was recorded, mixed, and mastered at 192 KHz/24 bit. Sony HD-Betacam’s were utilized to capture the performance and behind-the-scene material. Documentary video of the production in process will be shown as well as the completed music video. Playback will be in HD-video and surround with height speakers. A central part of the discussion and demonstration concerns the mixing of various versions of the song in 7.1 speaker arrangements especially for Bluray and HD-DVD, as well as standard 5.1 and stereo.
Here is a link to the info on their site. Maybe something there will give you a few ideas where to search. Or maybe you could email them or Omar Hakim and ask.

Jack

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis