F

fastfreddy

Junior Audioholic
Hi. this question is old vs new. I presently own a denon 3805 and my question is which receiver would I have to upgrade to to match the quality of the 3805.I presently do not use HDMI now but may when I upgrade TV.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Hi. this question is old vs new. I presently own a denon 3805 and my question is which receiver would I have to upgrade to to match the quality of the 3805.I presently do not use HDMI now but may when I upgrade TV.
Denon did away with the 38xx line of receivers so I suppose you'd need to consider the 43xx to come close in terms of specs or SQ. I switched to my current Yamaha from a Denon 3805 because I wanted HDMI connectivity and felt there was little to no difference between the two.
My only grip...ok...albeit a small one was getting used to the Yamaha's users interface coming over from the Denons...it wasn't much of a learning curve but I found it to be a PITA....:)

If you're not using HDMI...I don't think you can find a better AVR over your 3805 unless you shell out some serious coin...IMO when the time comes look for an AVR that come equipped with the features you need and look no further than another mid level Denon series or Yamaha rxa 10xx or 20xx perhaps....:)

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
AVR-4311. Maybe Electronics Expo has some back in stock. They were selling for $1300 delivered (on phone orders :D ).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis