Okay, So Here's The Situation: May Be Going From 50" SXRD To 70"+...

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I have a purebred Mini Dachshund, but he's kinda big for a mini, he's about 17 lbs. He started having seizures over a year ago, and he's almost 4 and a half years old now. He has a seizure about once a month, maybe a bit longer in between, his last one was this past weekend and lasted a few minutes, but wasn't too bad. I talked to the vet and was told if it happens for long periods or more than once in a day that I should put him on phenobarbital, but I don't want to do that if I don't have to.

here is a pic of him

P

PearlcorderS701

Banned
I have a purebred Mini Dachshund, but he's kinda big for a mini, he's about 17 lbs. He started having seizures over a year ago, and he's almost 4 and a half years old now. He has a seizure about once a month, maybe a bit longer in between, his last one was this past weekend and lasted a few minutes, but wasn't too bad. I talked to the vet and was told if it happens for long periods or more than once in a day that I should put him on phenobarbital, but I don't want to do that if I don't have to.

here is a pic of him

Oh, he's just adorable! And what a pose next to the SVS!! :)

I forgot the name of the medication our dog -- a 12 year old Black Lab/Aussie Shepherd -- is on for the seizures, but we were told it was the same they give to humans for the condition...it may be the one you give your pal...

So, he had one this past weekend? Poor guy...our guy actually has developed a facial distortion and "drooping," almost like a stroke victim, and one of his eyes does this weird "flutter" thing...our vet says it's like a paralysis of some kind and if the symptoms continue, we have to consider his quality of life.

Needless to say, yesterday wasn't a good day for us at the vet...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis