Oh no my Panasonic Plasma is going bad

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
My Panasonic plasma TV is going bad. It's only 5 years old too. I really hate this since I don't care for the LED/LCD TV's. My budget will only be about 1500 for a new TV. Any suggestions? Not sure if it's even worth looking for a repair as I haven't found any local shops around here.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
My Panasonic plasma TV is going bad. It's only 5 years old too. I really hate this since I don't care for the LED/LCD TV's. My budget will only be about 1500 for a new TV. Any suggestions? Not sure if it's even worth looking for a repair as I haven't found any local shops around here.
Try and get it repaired is you can.

They are wonderful TVs. The new ones can claim 4K, and may be much else, but the picture is nowhere near as good as from those top end Panny plasmas.

Contact Panasonic and see if they have any recommendations.

If you want it fixed though you might well have to pack it carefully and ship it out of state.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Thanks for the reply. May be my only option too since I can't get over the bad LED screens and OLED isn't in my price range yet.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
What are the symptoms? Reason I asked maybe the board needs replacement. I repaired my Vizio before it drowned buying a new board on ebay. I replaced it carefully and it worked great till...
I asked the seller questions and he suggested the board:
http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic

Last edited:
ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
It started having a green/red looking vertical line on it. You can really tell when the background is red as the line turns black. It's a little thinner at the top and wider at the bottom section.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
My fault is not like his in the video. Mine is the entire length of the screen. Top to bottom.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I know just giving you an idea If you decide to fix it yourself. I saved 300 bucks doing it myself I just took my time.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
It started having a green/red looking vertical line on it. You can really tell when the background is red as the line turns black. It's a little thinner at the top and wider at the bottom section.
Unfortunately this is bad news.

As far as I can tell that problem is due to failure of a screen panel section. In Panasonic TVs that means that the whole screen has to be replaced.

I have done some searching, and find that screens for Panny plasma TVs do not seem to be available.

However, call Panasonic as their warranty/service centers may have a spare screen for your TV.

When I bought my Plasma a couple of years ago, BB and Panasonic were up front with me and said if the screen failed parts would not be available.

I did buy extended warranty and was told that in event of failure, the TV would be replaced with one of equivalent quality. However at this time I don't think there is one.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis