Official Audioholics Avatar

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Have you ever wondered who came up with the Audioholics avatar? I have...and what the heck do boomerangs have to do with a/v issues? :p

Last edited:
Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
.....and you thought I 'accidentally' selected my XB-35 avatar. Heh heh heh

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Clint DeBoer said:
It's actually a symbolic representation of "AV" as in 'audio/video'
I actually know that Clint. I was just foolin' around after seeing the similarity of my avatar to your 'AV-tar'. That's why smilies were present. Lousy sense of humor, I guess I have.

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
Clint DeBoer said:
No, my bad for not realizing it... Lighten up, Clint (talking to self...)!
.....Clint, you need to just keep on, keeping on, Sir....if you blow something, we'll let you know, haha......

majorloser

majorloser

rjbudz said:
.....and you thought I 'accidentally' selected my XB-35 avatar. Heh heh heh
Now, I know I'm an "old timer", but it's time to move into the 21st century! It's time for the B-2!

At least move into the jet age with the YB-49

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
majorloser said:
Now, I know I'm an "old timer", but it's time to move into the 21st century! It's time for the B-2!

At least move into the jet age with the YB-49

Yeah, but I'm older than dirt. It's difficult to move forward at this age. :p

Besides, the B-2 is just a blatant ripoff of that wonderful XB design. If it was good enough for "War Of The Worlds" (the original), then it's good enough for this olde dawg. (The B-2 IS pretty cool, I must say. I'd love to fly one!!!!!!!)

majorloser

majorloser

rjbudz said:
Yeah, but I'm older than dirt. It's difficult to move forward at this age. :p

Besides, the B-2 is just a blatant ripoff of that wonderful XB design. If it was good enough for "War Of The Worlds" (the original), then it's good enough for this olde dawg. (The B-2 IS pretty cool, I must say. I'd love to fly one!!!!!!!)

Well, Jack Northrop did the jet version YB-49, too.

Now, for a thing of beauty, I'd go for the XB-70 or the SR-71. Nothing could ever catch them!

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
jaxvon said:
Mmmm....SR-71....so sexy!
My friends, Jackson and MajorLoser....here ya go! One happens to reside a few miles from my house!! This is just for you. :) One beeeeea-utiful Blackbird!

By the way, that's our Audioholics very own AverageJoe trying to see the super-Top Secret black elements in the cockpit.

Last edited:
Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Blackbird

Sexy? Oh yeah!! Here's one more fer ya.

Last edited:
majorloser

majorloser

Obviously you live in my next new home, beautiful Oregon! Have you ever been to the Boeing Museum of Flight outside of Seattle? I was just there a couple of months ago. They have the one and only Lockheed M-21 with a D-21 drone. It's the mothership version of the SR-71 that was used to launch the mach 3+ D-21 drone.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
majorloser said:
Obviously you live in my next new home, beautiful Oregon! Have you ever been to the Boeing Museum of Flight outside of Seattle? I was just there a couple of months ago. They have the one and only Lockheed M-21 with a D-21 drone. It's the mothership version of the SR-71 that was used to launch the mach 3+ D-21 drone.
Hey, major...if we keep a low profile (admin-radar stealth), do you think the mods will let us keep talking aircraft? :D But to answer your question...no, I haven't been there....YET!

Last edited:
majorloser

majorloser

Well, I don't think anybody reads stuff titled "adminstrators". I guess it's about time I hijack a thread!

Now back to the important stuff! The Boeing museum also has one of the Air Force One aircraft (707), one of the Concordes and the first 747. They also have one of "THE BEST" WW1 and WW2 displays I've ever seen.

As you can tell, I'm a major aviation buff. I haven't had the time to drive up to the Panhandle of Florida since the storms. Eglin AFB and Pensacola NAS have two of the best museums in the US (next to the Smithsonian and the AF Museum at Wright-Patterson AFB) and they are FREE. Eglin also has a SR-71 out front.

http://www.eglin.af.mil/museum/

http://naval.aviation.museum/home.html

http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/

http://www.museumofflight.org/Portal.asp?Flash=True

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Those are GREAT sites, Major!! Thanks for the tips. I'll get into them deeper when I have more time. (I did happen to have enough time to get a giggle over the ME-163 at WPAFB!)

Here is one...I'm sure you've been there, but maybe others are reading this thread...it is more pics from Evergreen. http://24.18.104.211/The Evergreen Aviation Museum/index.html

You should hook up with AverageJoe. He's an aviation buff himself...with particular emphasis on WWll. And I think if you hadn't adopted your tag, he would have...lots in common.

Say, speaking of aircraft... how are the palmetto bugs down your way this year?! :p

Good cheer.

majorloser

majorloser

rjbudz said:
Say, speaking of aircraft... how are the palmetto bugs down your way this year?! :p

Hey, be nice to our state bird! :mad:

To be "politically correct" they prefer to be refer to as the "American Cockroach".

They're working on their own lobby group for Congress :) Trying to get themselves listed as endangered.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
You guys need to some day do yourselves a favor and visit the EAA fly-in up here in the big metropolis of Oshkosh. Looking at the warbirds on the ground is one thing. Seeing them fly over your house is very cool. A few years ago a Blackbird visited. I didn't get to see it fly, or see it up real close for that matter, but even from a distance it was quite a site. About ten years ago I got to see a B-1 fly just overhead. By far the toughest looking plane I've seen.

Tell me when you're coming. I'll have brats ready on the grill. Bring beer, Lots of beer. :)

majorloser

majorloser

NomoSony said:
You guys need to some day do yourselves a favor and visit the EAA fly-in up here in the big metropolis of Oshkosh. Looking at the warbirds on the ground is one thing. Seeing them fly over your house is very cool. A few years ago a Blackbird visited. I didn't get to see it fly, or see it up real close for that matter, but even from a distance it was quite a site. About ten years ago I got to see a B-1 fly just overhead. By far the toughest looking plane I've seen.

Tell me when you're coming. I'll have brats ready on the grill. Bring beer, Lots of beer. :)
I am an airshow professional. My biggest goal in life will be the Paris Airshow or the Farnburough Airshow.

You are right about the Bone (B-1). One year at the Miami Airshow a B-1 came in from behind the audience pulled it straight up and hit full afterburners. He blew the windows out of the surrounding cars. NOW THAT'S A SUBWOOFER!!!

I'll take you up on the Oshkosh Fly-In. The only aircraft I never got a chance to see was the Blackbird :(

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis