J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Do you have a picture?
Chief makes mounts with variable down extensions, some even adjustable. Pair it up with the RPA-U ceiling mount and you should not have to buy another mount for awhile. As for which PJ offers the offset, I know the JVC should Epson 1080UB, and maybe even the Panny 3000( worth it to ask here).

For 720p Epson 720, Mitsubishi HC5500(full 1080), Panny 200U are all under 2k and should work also. Check out projectorpeople and read the full specs and go from there.
Umm... a pretty neat thing I read about recently. AA, if you happen to end up with a retro-reflective screen, I know someone who has a ceiling mount, not your case, but will have less extension when the bulb is new. He then extends the pipe to be more on axis as the bulb dims.

Pretty clever if you ask me. :cool:

A

AudioArcher

Audioholic
You lost me on that JM. I'm not up on all of the lingo yet.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
You lost me on that JM. I'm not up on all of the lingo yet.
Oh don't worry about it. It will be very clear to you, if you ever looked into that type of screen.

Just research the PJ first...

If it's still not clear to you after preliminary PJ and screen research, I promise I'll explain. But, I'm pretty sure I won't need to.

A

AudioArcher

Audioholic
Bmx and JM, I switched things around and this is my current seating position.P0001301.JPG And here is where I want to now put the screen. The two smaller speakers are the surround system. There is 72" between them.P0001303.JPG

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
- Would you be against getting away from that back wall?

- That center speaker is the smallest I've seen compared to the mains, proportionately speaking. Have you ever tried phantom center? (turning off center in recever, and having this channel rerouted to mains). Can that center keep up in power handling with the mains?

- You are planning on an AT screen to fall over that entire rig? If otherwise, are you planning on a screen that fits how exactly?

I see why you are called the Archer. ;)

A

AudioArcher

Audioholic
The mains are the two hanging on the wall above the two tower speakers. In that small room the center is plenty, believe me. The two tower speakers and all of the gear under the TV is a stereo system and not connected to the surround system at all. But it wouldn't be hard to do. The gear near the sleeper/love seat is for the surround, except the turntable of course. That is plugged into the stereo system. A screen with a width of 72" will fit perfectly between the two surround mains and hang down just in front of the stereo equipment. It is a flat ceiling above the stereo system at about 84". The cubby hole is 4' deep and 8' wide. The wall behind the love seat goes up about 4' to 4.5' then slants up to a flat ceiling. The loveseat sits about 12" off that wall. Have some stuff back there.
The receiver is a brand new Onkyo TR606 and so far I really like it. Just ordered a new Panny Blu-Ray so I will be ready for a decent video presentation whenever.
And yes I love!! bowhunting and archery.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis