Nothing like your vehicle refusing to start.....

Matt34

Matt34

To top off your morning.

Put the key in the truck and the thing won't budge, wiggle the steering wheel.....nothing. Key is stuck in the lock position and nothing I do gets it to move. I'm thinking the key cylinder is somehow broke or jammed.

Calling the dealer when they wake there happy butts up.:mad:

..and it's too darn cold to ride the bike in.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Is the Z in winter storage? That sucks man.

A friend of mine had that happen with a rental car. He got in and drove off, then when he got to work, he couldn't get the key out...he took it straight back.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
That happened to me once, but when I tried my duplicate key, it worked. Haven't had it happen again since (about 2 years now.)

Matt34

Matt34

Is the Z in winter storage? That sucks man.

A friend of mine had that happen with a rental car. He got in and drove off, then when he got to work, he couldn't get the key out...he took it straight back.
Don't have the Z anymore.:( Traded it in for the truck when I got the bike.

I can get the key out just can't turn it in the ignition. Called the dealership earlier and they told me basically everything I've already tried.

I tried the spare keys too without success.

I drove it last night to Buffalo Wild Wings for the game and it was fine.

majorloser

majorloser

Ahhhhh, chicken wings and beer explain everything now :rolleyes:

If the dealer can't help you, try a locksmith.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Ahhhhh, chicken wings and beer explain everything now :rolleyes:
Maybe it's not his car in the driveway. Might have driven someone else's home last night. No wonder the key don't work. Beer can make you do things like that. :D

race4aliving

race4aliving

Audioholic
I've found screaming profanities and hitting it with something help...........to ease the frustration. just don't hit it with your hand or foot as that will void yourwarranty. nothing like trying to explain how you broke your hand punching your car.[don't ask]

annunaki

annunaki

Have you disconnected the battery for 30+ minutes to reset everything electronic?

It may help.

Matt34

Matt34

We went out to my place during lunch and tried again, still locked up. Dealer is sending a truck out there to tow it to the service dept now.

ML and Mazer....funny guys.:p

Matt34

Matt34

Have you disconnected the battery for 30+ minutes to reset everything electronic?

It may help.
I disconnected and hit the brakes to discharge any residual power in the system and hooked it back up.

N

Nimrod

Audioholic
2 weeks ago, I had the Plumbing leak (before work) which I fixed after 2 or 3 trips to Home Depot. :mad:

Now I'm late for work, start the car 04 SS Impala and the CHECK ENGINE light comes on:eek: The has like 30k on it..... not dealing with this, I'm hostile and late.........................went back in the house and got the truck keys.

Matt34

Matt34

OK, it starts!!

Two techs messed with it and couldn't get it to budge either. Then I guess they disconnected the ignition and it finally released. They still don't know what caused it and said it was the first they ever seen. The service manager had them spray some lubricate as it still felt like it was catching on something. Now it turns over like butter.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
OK, it starts!!

Two techs messed with it and couldn't get it to budge either. Then I guess they disconnected the ignition and it finally released. They still don't know what caused it and said it was the first they ever seen. The service manager had them spray some lubricate as it still felt like it was catching on something. Now it turns over like butter.
Trade It.

It will never be the same. I know a salesman that I could hook you up with that will get you a deal. :D

Matt34

Matt34

Trade It.

It will never be the same. I know a salesman that I could hook you up with that will get you a deal. :D
All four wheels would have to fall off and it go up in flames before the wife would allow that.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I think once she sees the new Tundra, She'll think different.

381hp and 400ft.lbs. of torque change many peoples minds.

SheepStar

Matt34

Matt34

I think once she sees the new Tundra, She'll think different.

381hp and 400ft.lbs. of torque change many peoples minds.

SheepStar
She doesn't care about the specs like we do, besides you seen the sticker price on those things?:eek:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis