"Not authorized to view this page"- MY PROFILE!

R

RCA Dimensia

Enthusiast
When I try to go to what I assume to be my profile; clicking on my user name, it says that I am not authorized to view it. :eek: It asks me if I am trying to modify someone elses' stuff or that maybe my account is froze, but I just made it. :)

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
probably a forum restriction for new users. i can see your profile fine, so it means you just need to participate for awhile :)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
When I try to go to what I assume to be my profile; clicking on my user name, it says that I am not authorized to view it.
That happens to me at the AVS forums. I assumed it was because I only had one post. Five posts might be the requirement for full access. C'mon, you can do it. :)

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Try the "User CP" link on your upper left instead of clicking on yourself.

R

RCA Dimensia

Enthusiast
yeah the user CP thing worked; but is that the same as my profile? It's not in other forums I don;t think.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
yeah the user CP thing worked; but is that the same as my profile? It's not in other forums I don;t think.
That takes you to where you can edit your profile. Clicking on yourself is where others can view information about you. You may not have enough posts to view others (or even yourself) that way.

R

RCA Dimensia

Enthusiast
How many posts does it take not to be "new"

How many posts before you become "autoconfirmed" and what else does that gain you?

Oh, I can view mine and your profiles now. :)

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
How many posts before you become "autoconfirmed" and what else does that gain you?

Oh, I can view mine and your profiles now. :)
Don't believe anything I say about me. I'm a liar.

Take that Harry Mud.

mikehummel

mikehummel

Audioholic Intern
agreed - this whole "can't view things" / "can't post things" due to number of posts is frustrating. at least post some where on how many posts are required so you know!

mikehummel

mikehummel

Audioholic Intern
agreed - this whole "can't view things" / "can't post things" due to number of posts is frustrating. at least post some where on how many posts are required so you know!
Nevermind - It was pointed out to me that its right in the header! It's 25 posts for those who are looking. I'm told this is to reduce spam - I can understand that as not many people from Nigeria are going to spend time on here just to get a scam going...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis