noob question about home theater setup...

C

ctciatti

Enthusiast
I am in the process of assembling my first home theater in my basement. I was playing with the new TV yesterday, and I thought about something. I never had an AV receiver in my setup before. I just connected my components directly to the TV via HDMI. My blu ray player, xbox, etc. Shortly, I will have a 2112ci in the mix. I will obviously have my components connected to the receiver, and the receiver to the TV via 1 hdmi cable. My question is...I had my components on separate inputs, each with separate picture adjustments, ie; game mode for the xbox input, movie mode for the blu ray, etc. Now that all of my components will basically be plugged into just 1 TV input, how will I keep my separate picture settings for each of my components? I won't have to change them manually every time a change from blu ray to xbox....will I???

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
You can either change the settings each time you switch between devices, or get a harmony remote that will run a macro for you... or just find one mode on the tv that works well with everything.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis