M

markD53

Audiophyte
Just bought a Onkyo TXSV414Pro and hooked up some bose speakers......Volume is very, very loud and I can't turn it down with either the volume knob or the remote. Appreciate any thoughts or ideas!

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Never heard that one. Does it have an auto calibration option? If so try that and see if it works but first I would unplug it and then plug it back in.

Just bought a Onkyo TXSV414Pro and hooked up some bose speakers......Volume is very, very loud and I can't turn it down with either the volume knob or the remote. Appreciate any thoughts or ideas!

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Sounds like you have it set up incorrectly or one of the wrong buttons pushed. Does it have a mute button to see if that shuts off the volume? You need to check everything on it, especially if you have the manual for it still.
Another though: do you have access to other speakers to try? which Bose speakers do you have hooked up and how? Anything else hooked up?

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
I hope you auditioned other speakers in addition to Bose. You might regret it later if you didn't. As for the volume, I've never heard of this happening, but mess around with it and if nothing helps, replace it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis