No more TV's on http://shop.panasonic.com/tvs ?

B

Beatmatcher247

Full Audioholic
When did they stop offering purchase of their TV's on their website here?
http://shop.panasonic.com/tvs

I remember they had favorable pricing on there when I pulled the trigger on my Panasonic Plasma way back when. :(

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
They stopped selling Plasma some time ago. Word was they would be moving to OLED but I don't think that has materialized yet.

B

Beatmatcher247

Full Audioholic
I realize that they have quit selling plasmas, however I was just sad to see that you can't buy whatever display technology they are currently producing on there anymore as it was the best deal I could find last time I was shopping when no one was budging on MSRP.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Panasonic really has no consumer displays available. They really dropped the ball when they stopped producing plasma displays as they hadn't positioned themselves in the market to move to LCD and there were no other technologies available at the time. I'm not sure if they did it for financial reasons or not.

They also have discontinued making residential projectors after years of being in that market.

My feeling is that they are basically out of the consumer market and have moved into the professional market almost entirely. Larger quantities, higher prices, and more overall demand for less overhead. So, better profit margins are possible.

Their 75" LCDs are pretty darn good looking. But, I'm not sure how they really compare head-to-head with the competition. Certainly OLED from LG is the technology to beat these days.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Panasonic really has no consumer displays available. They really dropped the ball when they stopped producing plasma displays as they hadn't positioned themselves in the market to move to LCD and there were no other technologies available at the time. I'm not sure if they did it for financial reasons or not.

They also have discontinued making residential projectors after years of being in that market.

My feeling is that they are basically out of the consumer market and have moved into the professional market almost entirely. Larger quantities, higher prices, and more overall demand for less overhead. So, better profit margins are possible.

Their 75" LCDs are pretty darn good looking. But, I'm not sure how they really compare head-to-head with the competition. Certainly OLED from LG is the technology to beat these days.
I'm pretty sure they have been in financial trouble. They have been closing plants over the last few years.

Sad to see that happen to one of the best display companies. Mitsubishi seems to be in the same boat. After they killed off their TVs they stopped making projectors too. Sucks, I like my Mitsu PJ.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
At least Panasonic revived the Technics brand :rolleyes:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis