No more $79 3TB Toshiba Canvio GB NAS :-(

jinjuku

jinjuku

My go to network attached storage for the cost conscious is no longer available. I did 13 of these installed for $349 including tying computers into them over SMB or setting up Twonky Media Server.

These were an incredible bargain and I made almost ~$250 a pop (prices did fluctuate a bit) and customers appreciated the fixed $349 all in and the peace of mind.

It was good while it lasted.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I'm loath to put in any Seagate but you have to like MassDrop.

I need to keep with something consistently available for support efficiency reasons.

Thanks!

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai

I need to keep with something consistently available for support efficiency reasons.

Thanks!
How about upgrading your clients' wifi at the same time? Get any external dumb HDD and attach it to a USB port on an Asus RT-AC68U (or the T-mobile branded equivalent thereof) running Tomato or DD-WRT. Roughly the same price as a WD My Cloud solution or similar, but your clients will get the added benefit of more stable and faster wifi -- a priceless benefit when streaming movies over the WLAN. You can also offer a premium service to tailor QoS for your clients, prioritizing VoIP / Skype for calls to grandma, games for low latency FPS, Netflix streaming, or whatever else the client values. :)

jinjuku

jinjuku

How about upgrading your clients' wifi at the same time? Get any external dumb HDD and attach it to a USB port on an Asus RT-AC68U (or the T-mobile branded equivalent thereof) running Tomato or DD-WRT. Roughly the same price as a WD My Cloud solution or similar, but your clients will get the added benefit of more stable and faster wifi -- a priceless benefit when streaming movies over the WLAN. You can also offer a premium service to tailor QoS for your clients, prioritizing VoIP / Skype for calls to grandma, games for low latency FPS, Netflix streaming, or whatever else the client values. :)
That would just add confusion for most customers that simply aren't computer peeps

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord

Thanks!
Yeah, Amazon reviews are mixed, but with latest firmware, how bad could it be for techy to deal with.
https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Central-Personal-Storage-STCG4000100/dp/B00ARB5FLQ?th=1

Another, more expensive, but still possibly profitable for you is https://www.amazon.com/Cloud-Personal-Network-Attached-Storage/dp/B00EVVGAD0/ref=pd_lpo_147_bs_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=DQXW5XXSGEG6X15WJFBB

jinjuku

jinjuku

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis