No choice - lounge against rear wall! What to do?

A

A/V

Audiophyte
Hey guys,
I'm setting up my home theater/living room, and after considering all options, (and after many discussions with my better half...) I am stuck having my listening/viewing position against the rear wall. Worst place I know...BUT...I would like to come up with some innovative acoustics to make optomize it as good as it can be. Any ideas on acoustic treatment for this position would be greatly appreciated. :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
audio panels on the wall behind the listening position and careful placement of the surrounds and sub and it can be made to be semi-functional.

moves

moves

Audioholic Chief
take a look at my thread on primacoustic panels. I have some set up above my couch.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Given the cost of acoustic treatments and speakers and amps, if your room simply is not large enough, devote more of your budget to a quality 2 channel system with 1 or 2 subs. I have never enjoyed hearing speakers only a few feet from my head. They aren't designed to have the drivers summed at that distance, not to mention you have to lower their volume so much, that its hardly worth it!

Gordonj

Gordonj

Full Audioholic
How far off of the back wall will your head be? And what is a budget for treatment? And how big is the room? How far away are the mains from the listening position? Many Greta things can be done to help but many relatives to consider....

Gordon

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
You know. My couch is against the wall and my system sounds good.. Maybe I got lucky, but I am in the process or redoing it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis