No Audio Onkyo TX-SR706

M

mblanco2000

Audioholic Intern
I 2 yr. daughter was watching her cartoon this evening and got ahold of the receiver remote. When I noticed that there was no more audio I looked up and saw she had the remote in her hand. I still have the picture just not any audio.

Well I thought she just muted it or changed the audio source. After going through the manual and trying to figure out how to put it back on the right audio source I am still stumped after several hours. I asked her to fix it, and that did not work either.

All of my other compenents work fine, WD TV, Blu ray, etc. I even thought maybe the HDMI input on the receiver went bad. So I plugged in my WD TV into the input where the Cable box is and still nothing. I figure there has to be an easy fix, but I have no dang idea here. I feel like a complete idiot. Can someone please help me with this?

S

Sylar

Full Audioholic
check if different channel is selected (if it has). Channel A / B and if speakers are at A, then A needs to be selected.
Also check if a different zone is selected (not sure here since have never used this feature)

When everything else fails you can fall back to reset the AVR :)

M

mblanco2000

Audioholic Intern
Well I thought I would try to reset the cable box that give the Onkyo receiver the input signal. Once I reset the ATT Uverse box and it rebooted everything went to working again. Thanks for the help on this.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis