NHT Classic 3 tweeter upgrade

D

dgvoyles

Enthusiast
Am considering buying the NHT Classic 3 speakers and am wondering if it's worth the $300. to upgrade to the tweeters that are standard on the Classic 4 floor standers. Listening to demonstration quality classical cd's mostly.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Not sure what you mean by upgrade to it? Do you mean step up to the 4 instead of the 3? Or changing the actual tweeter? Looking at pics, they are the same tweeter/mid pod, since they are in the same family of speaker.

Last edited:
D

dgvoyles

Enthusiast
I may have misread but I thought I read the Tweeter could be upgraded for $300. Can't remember the difference. Probably my error. Do you have any experience with the Classic 3?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I have not heard the what is being called the Classic 3, but I have heard many of their other models. It looks similar to what used to just be called the "3" and I liked that one.

D

dgvoyles

Enthusiast
Figured out my misinformation on the Classic 3 tweeter upgrade. I was also looking at the Ascend Sierra i and it has a $300. upgrade to the NrT tweeter used on the Sierra 1 Tower. Sorry for all the confusion.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis