NHT budget home theater..

droht

droht

Full Audioholic
Looks good man. Do you mind sharing ballpark costs?

J

jaejw1

Junior Audioholic
sanyo lcd tv (700$)
magnovox bluray (250$)
yamaha rvx630 (300$..???? i think)
nht 1.3a (300$)
nht vs1.2 (100$)
nht new wave (26$)
rca pro sw120p (110$)

we all know how much wires cost...lol

I

i1own0u

Enthusiast
Looks better than my first system, still trying to set it up.

J

jaejw1

Junior Audioholic
i just have to upgrade my sub... the one i have SUX..

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Very nice! I have an NHT system myself that looks very similar. I hadn't heard of the 1.3a before - thanks for sharing.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I wonder what the differences are between your 1.3a's and my 1.5's. They look the same and seem very similar in that listing.

Doesn't really matter, I know, as long as we like them! :)

J

jaejw1

Junior Audioholic
I wonder what the differences are between your 1.3a's and my 1.5's. They look the same and seem very similar in that listing.

very true..

Thirsty93

Thirsty93

Audioholic

1.3 spec's:
Two-way, sealed-box stand-mounted loudspeaker. Drive-units: 1" metal-dome, neodymium-magnet tweeter; 6.5" polypropylene-cone woofer. Crossover frequency: 2.4kHz. Frequency response: 39Hz-22kHz, ±3dB. Sensitivity: 86dB/W/m. Nominal impedance: 8 ohms. Recommended amplification: 15-175W.
1.5 spec's:
System Type: 2-way, 10-liter acoustic suspension design, Focused Image Geometry
Driver Complement: 6.5" long-throw polypropylene woofer, 1" fluid-cooled aluminum dome tweeter
Crossover: 3.3KHz, 12dB/octave high-pass and low-pass
Response: 53Hz - 25KHz, +/- 3dB
Sensitivity: 85db (2.83V at 1M)
Impedance: 8 ohms nominal, 6.2 ohms minimum
Recommended Amplifier Power: 20W/ch minimum, 150W/ch maximum
Inputs: 5-way binding posts
Weight: 16 lbs. each
Dimensions: 16.5"H x 7"W x 10.25"D
Finish: High gloss black, mahogany or sycamore laminate

W

westcott

Audioholic General
I have heard good things about NHT. I think I have only heard them once but they were floor standers. That extra ceiling height really makes the space look bigger and more open. I like your place. Looks comfortable.

Enjoy!!!

jwenthold99

jwenthold99

Full Audioholic
Nice setup! I have heard some great things about the sound quality of the NHT's. Thanks for sharing :)

Thirsty93

Thirsty93

Audioholic
If anyone is interested i have a set of NHT VS1.2 and stands in mint shape.Would like to get 300 shipped or trade for a decent 3 channel amp.:D

J

jaejw1

Junior Audioholic
If anyone is interested i have a set of NHT VS1.2 and stands in mint shape.Would like to get 300 shipped or trade for a decent 3 channel amp.:D
thanks all..

what stands do you have... ?? any pics??

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
That a real nice place that you've got there.

How tall are the stands for your front speakers?

J

jaejw1

Junior Audioholic
i think maybe 26".. not sure exactly.. but im waniting to replace them... i know that NHT made stands for these but i have not been able to find them..

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
When I bought my 1.5s in 1998, I bought the display stands made for them by NHT for my front pair because the dealer said that they weren't being made anymore. Years later, I bought a pair of stands from Sanus for my rear pair of 1.5s and have been very happy with them. They don't make the kind that I bought anymore, and I can't remember what they were called. They are like their Steel Foundation line, except that the bases on mine are MDF and not steel.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis