Nexus AV anyone hear anything about it?

• Thread starter sixdouble532one
  • Start date
sixdouble532one

sixdouble532one

Audioholic Intern
Nexus AV has approached my boss on becoming one of the first dealers for this product in the states. The company gives me a little bit of a weird vib so I wanted to ask you guys if any of you have worked with this or know people who have, any thoughts on this product.

thanks

j

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
It's a cool idea, but I don't think people are that technically motivated to wire their entire house with cat 5 as of yet. The control via any tv in the house is awesome. I think our members here would love it, but it may take several years to catch on with the general public.

sixdouble532one

sixdouble532one

Audioholic Intern
most houses that are going in now have cat 5 in every room plus if you are automating a home with most interconectivity products you need to run control wires anyways. I was kinda looking at it from that point of view. kinda like a low end control system in a house.

L

Lincoln

Audioholic
I live in an apartment that has home runs of cat5 to every room and every new house I've been in lately (even cheap ones) have had cat5 to every room. Where can find more info about this system???

sixdouble532one

sixdouble532one

Audioholic Intern
when i buy my own house i am going to wire the hell out of it. it sucks to have to go back and do the stuff again. that companies website is www.avnex.com. You need to buy through a dealer but since we may be one of the first dealers in the usa then they may deal directly with you, not totaly sure. The system works without dedicated touch panels like crestron which kinda stinks but works with IR universal remotes. So to some people that suck to others they might like it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis