Newbies First post. Triad LCR Gold

C

Cajun_Mike

Audiophyte
I currently own a full Tyler Acoustics speaker system. System II mains, Linbrook center and some custom made surrounds. I really like the speakers but I feel my HT setup is missing something because of my rear surrounds.

My seating area is a large sofa that is pushed up against the rear wall and my rear speakers are mounted on that wall over my shoulder. The room is a disaster and I'm unable to pull the sofa away from the wall.

I think the Triads are the only solution for me because their in-ceiling omni Gold's with the angled drivers are the best solution.

I'm just wondering how the Triad LCR Golds will compare to my Linbrook System II's. I'm about 90% an HT guy... 10% music.

They system is powered by a Butler Audio 5150 amp and a Denon 2807 used as a pre/pro.

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Rear surrounds

I have heard of some people puting the rear surround speaker behind the couch pointed up at the ceiling. Might be worth a try in your challenging room. It would be pretty similar to an inceling speaker firing down at you.

X

Xsound

Full Audioholic
That sounds like it could really be an awesome system. I hope you will give a review, I would love to spend some time with the Gold LCRs. They should be phenominal.

I wonder if your installer could work an arrangement to get the in-wall surrounds ceiling mounted. Triad is known as a true custom speaker company, & I bet they would have some suggestions for accomplishing this. I imagine you would be happy either way.

Enjoy your new set-up

C

Cajun_Mike

Audiophyte
Xsound said:
That sounds like it could really be an awesome system. I hope you will give a review, I would love to spend some time with the Gold LCRs. They should be phenominal.

I wonder if your installer could work an arrangement to get the in-wall surrounds ceiling mounted. Triad is known as a true custom speaker company, & I bet they would have some suggestions for accomplishing this. I imagine you would be happy either way.

Enjoy your new set-up
The guys at Triad recommended the Omni Gold SE for my rears.... they are not out yet but they are the same as the Omni Golds except they use all SEAS drivers. They will be available in two months. I'm just wondering if I'm going to get so much more additional sound and a better HT experience over what I currently have...

A

ARRAY

Audioholic Intern
Welcome aboard Mike, I think you'll find it fun in here. You only have 23 more posts to go before being able to post an ad in the classified section!

C

Cajun_Mike

Audiophyte
ARRAY said:
Welcome aboard Mike, I think you'll find it fun in here. You only have 23 more posts to go before being able to post an ad in the classified section!
Are you saying you might be interested in purchasing my Tyler's if I put them up for sale? :D

And thank you for the welcome.

Last edited:
abefroeman

abefroeman

Audioholic
Can you get one of those skinny tables to go behind the couch. That will give you like a foot away from the wall. Then you can mount the speakers at ear level on either side of the couch so that they are more than 4' away from your ears. They still have to be aimed at your head though. Looks like this:

___*_OOO_*___

speaker = *
Couch cushins = OOO
forum artwork = priceless

or do the table and then get speaker stands.

C

Cajun_Mike

Audiophyte
abefroeman said:
Can you get one of those skinny tables to go behind the couch. That will give you like a foot away from the wall. Then you can mount the speakers at ear level on either side of the couch so that they are more than 4' away from your ears. They still have to be aimed at your head though. Looks like this:

___*_OOO_*___

speaker = *
Couch cushins = OOO
forum artwork = priceless

or do the table and then get speaker stands.
the room is a great room and long and my viewing sofa is on one of the long walls..... the room is not deep enough for their to be a walkspace behind the sofa. :(

X

Xsound

Full Audioholic
sounds like the way to go. Those guys know their stuff. I think that system would rock despite the difficulties encountered.

X

Xsound

Full Audioholic
Just curious what you decided to do, & if you are going to give us a mini-review?

F

f0am

Audioholic
jcPanny said:
I have heard of some people puting the rear surround speaker behind the couch pointed up at the ceiling. Might be worth a try in your challenging room. It would be pretty similar to an inceling speaker firing down at you.
Thats how I have my rears setup.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/91081973@N00/
Not the best position obviously but it works better then most would think.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Cajun_Mike said:
I currently own a full Tyler Acoustics speaker system. System II mains, Linbrook center and some custom made surrounds. I really like the speakers but I feel my HT setup is missing something because of my rear surrounds.

My seating area is a large sofa that is pushed up against the rear wall and my rear speakers are mounted on that wall over my shoulder. The room is a disaster and I'm unable to pull the sofa away from the wall.

I think the Triads are the only solution for me because their in-ceiling omni Gold's with the angled drivers are the best solution.

I'm just wondering how the Triad LCR Golds will compare to my Linbrook System II's. I'm about 90% an HT guy... 10% music.

They system is powered by a Butler Audio 5150 amp and a Denon 2807 used as a pre/pro.
Did you ever get the answer to your question? You might want to ask this guy.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/member.php?u=2594

I

InTheIndustry

Senior Audioholic
I'm a Triad dealer and can recommend their Gold LCR product whole heartedly. It's fabulous and without equal for an in-ceiling LCR or rear surround channel. You'll be very happy with the results. There's absolutely NO coloration to them, and I think they will match well with your current gear. Make sure you tell them what paint color you want the grills in because they'll match it to your specifications (meaning, just send them a paint sample or give them the specific color number from where you bought it) and it comes out perfect from the factory. Don't try and paint them afterwards, just have them do it beforehand. There's no extra charge for paint matching the grills. Triad is a class act all the way.

C

Cajun_Mike

Audiophyte
I'm a Triad dealer and can recommend their Gold LCR product whole heartedly. It's fabulous and without equal for an in-ceiling LCR or rear surround channel. You'll be very happy with the results. There's absolutely NO coloration to them, and I think they will match well with your current gear. Make sure you tell them what paint color you want the grills in because they'll match it to your specifications (meaning, just send them a paint sample or give them the specific color number from where you bought it) and it comes out perfect from the factory. Don't try and paint them afterwards, just have them do it beforehand. There's no extra charge for paint matching the grills. Triad is a class act all the way.
I have decided to go with the InRoom LCR Gold's in Rosewood veneer with some extra red put into the finish. Will also get the optional pedestals. The Omni Gold SE's are now up on the Triad website http://triadspeakers.com/products/icg8ose.html and that will be my rears in the ceiling.

Now I just need someone to buy my Tyler Acoustics on Audiogon and come up with a bunch of extra cash. lol

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis