Newbie. Where can I find lists of everything good there is?

A

albonalex

Audiophyte
I want a surround system for PC. I want to read proper reviews to all there is. Please give me links with lists.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Tell me everything I need to know. I've got five minutes.

This has to be a joke, right?

A

albonalex

Audiophyte
Excuse my improper moronic leet talk. I don't know the first thing about the high end audio market. If you can't give me lists of hierarchies and sites with strong reviews that cover all, then why not settle for the next best thing? Or the next? That's how leet think works. Don't expect a beginner to know how impossible it is. Anyway, good pieces are expensive, how many makers can there be in the world?

A

albonalex

Audiophyte
Dear google, I don't know what I'm searching for, and I'm tired of your idiotic results given to my non specific terms.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Excuse my improper moronic leet talk. I don't know the first thing about the high end audio market. If you can't give me lists of hierarchies and sites with strong reviews that cover all, then why not settle for the next best thing? Or the next? That's how leet think works. Don't expect a beginner to know how impossible it is. Anyway, good pieces are expensive, how many makers can there be in the world?
Really?
After typing all that.
Don't you think it would've been easier to simply do a Google search for (Best PC speakers) or (PC speaker reviews)
Then with that info in hand, you can come back and ask what members think about the top two or three results.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
I want a surround system for PC. I want to read proper reviews to all there is. Please give me links with lists.
It's more complicated than any list could have it. You mentioned PC, so you're probably thinking that there's objective benchmarks upon which to tier products.

Yes, loudspeakers can be evaluated based on very distinct objective measurements. But even that evaluation is an act of interpretation skill- it's not just what speaker pushes more gigatexals or ehat-have-you.

The alternative is a list of subjective opinions. Might as well toss that in the trash because the only list I care for is yourself - and chances are your preference is royally butchering the recording. There are a lot of loudspeaker brands out there and they do things differently. For someone new to audio, you probably won't even be able to really apply the positives or negatives discussed in su h a list, and such a list will always be limited to the authors' experience.

Welcome to audioholics, and we'd love to help find you a system that is right for you. But it's gonna be a lot more thought put in than a list if you want anything halc decent and hances are we will convince you to double or triple or quadruple your uninformed budget or downsize to a stereo setup to start because we want you to be breathless and amazed.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Welcome to audioholics, and we'd love to help find you a system that is right for you. But it's gonna be a lot more thought put in than a list if you want anything halc decent and hances are we will convince you to double or triple or quadruple your uninformed budget or downsize to a stereo setup to start because we want you to be breathless and amazed.
I think we can keep the budget under $2000.:)

DannyA

DannyA

Audioholic
First off, welcome to Audioholics!
Second, relax and take a breath.

Don't start with any list. First develop a strategy. Ask yourself:

1. What is my budget?
2. What is my room size?
2. Can I accommodate bigger floor standing speakers or do I need bookshelf speakers?
3. How much do I care about aesthetics?
4. What kind of experience do I want when watching movies?
5. What king of music experience do you want?

Get a better vision of what you want first. After you have that information, the gurus at this site will certainly give you plenty of advice on what to buy.

Buildsafire51

Buildsafire51

Enthusiast
1. What is my budget?
2. What is my room size?
2. Can I accommodate bigger floor standing speakers or do I need bookshelf speakers?
3. How much do I care about aesthetics?
4. What kind of experience do I want when watching movies?
5. What king of music experience do you want?

Get a better vision of what you want first. After you have that information, the gurus at this site will certainly give you plenty of advice on what to buy.
This is great advice above, and I completely agree with that as your first steps. There some great stuff out there for computer audio now - I personally like NHT's offerings, and there are many others. Just figure out what you want to accomplish from the standpoints quoted above, and then start looking at options, and ask again when you have a more focused idea of what you want. Good luck!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis