Newb looking for some help - Multi-zone amp

L

LoungeRat

Enthusiast
Hey there...

I'm an IT/AV director, so I'm only a newb in the sense that there are a few things I haven't had the pleasure of purchasing in the last 7 years in the field.

I wired my house pretty amazingly I'd say...and now would like to send a single audio source (probably just the zone 2 outputs of my main receiver) out to speakers throughout the house and outdoors.

I'm also on a budget ;) - so something I could find used on ebay/craigslist would be awesome.

For the 3 rooms that sound quality really matters, I have cabling just sending the source to separate receivers and their own inputs...so the living rooms are good to go. I'm looking for a multi-channel amp though to send to maybe 4 pairs of speakers...what type of unit should I be looking for? Just need to take one source and amplify it, don't need any bells and whistles other than channel on/off.

Thanks aplenty,
LoungeRat

Last edited:
H

Hasselhof

Audioholic Intern
Hi.

Elan, AMC and Earthquake makes decent multi zone amps. each amp having 16 channels.

I have worked with both the AMC and the Earthquake and they are both solid units.

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
If you intalled impedance matching volume controls on those speakers, you may be able to use something like a Yamaha P3500/2500 for power.

BTW, glad to see another RAT join the pack, welcome to the site.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis