T

TheAudio

Audiophyte
Hi everyone.

I am very new to home audio.

I have always wanted to have a nice system at home but knew the equipments were expensive. So while going through the Door Buster sale at BestBuys, I saw that they have Klipsch Icon Speakers on sale. I figured I would buy them and put them down so i purchased two. After removing them from the packaging, something came over me. Since then I started looking up websites about home audio and started looking into a Receiver. I did extensive research on this unit. I finally pulled the trigger on the Onkyo TX-NR609. I said why not go all out and buy everything I may need. While ordering the Onkyo, I ordered a 3D Blue-Ray Disc player with built in WiFi; the Sony S580. I also ordered a Klipsch center, which is the Reference series instead of the Icon. I also ordered a Polk subwoofer.

I am now addicted and is looking to upgrade my 32 inch Samsung for something huge. Also to get a more upscale unit for the equipments.

I hope I did well with the equipments.

Do you guys have any tips for me while im still new to this?

B

bikdav

Senior Audioholic
Where you started is where it starts for many others, so you are not alone. Moving to a bigger TV sounds like a mighty good move. One word of advise. don't get caught up in the exotic and expensive speaker and interconnect cable fanaticism. Concentrate on getting the system working and sit back and enjoy the music and movies.

G

Guinness6

Junior Audioholic
Save up as long as you can to get the nicest equipment you can. Not that $ always equals better, but theres no sense in buying something today you're just going to want to upgrade in a year...

T

toddious

Audioholic Intern
Always buy used when you are starting to build. The depreciation on equipment is rapid, and its easy to find good deals on gently used equipment. SPeakers/Amps hold their value much better than TV's/Receivers/Electronics.

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
I didnt hear you mention a subwoofer... That is a MUST for home theater. If i were you id first get your audio finished before a bigger tv. You add a sub & you get the whole shibang, audio & video. Then save for a 65" Panny Plasma S-Series. Best bang for buck tv IMHO!!!

If you do get a sub look at HSU, Rythmik, SVS & Outlaw. They are internet direct brands that offer AMAZING subs at a reasonable price. But first figure out your room size & budget. Then call those manufacturers for recommendations. A good sub will absolutely transform your listening experience!!! Much more than a larger tv. A good sub starts at $500, a great sub starts about $750 & a phynominal sub will range from $1000-$2000. Your speakers could never dream of producing the clean powerful & deep bass that these subs can. Get the best sub you can afford.

Ok...I digress!!..... :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis