D

djsHTnut

Banned
I have done some painting, finished installing speakers and equipment and have been enjoying my new Home Theater. So I figured I would put up some pictures to see what people thought.

My equipment is as follows:

Optoma Movietime DV10 Projector
Elite 84" White Matte Screen
DirecTV HD DVR Receiver
Sony STR998 receiver
HTD HD-W80 In-Wall Center and Mains
4- Kenwood Surrounds
Sony SAW-X700 Dual 10" Sub
MTX 12" Sub
Sony DVPNC85HB 5-Disc DVD Player
Nintendo GameCube
Lots of DVD's

Hopefully I will be able to add a projector to mount permanately and a PS3 so I can play some Blu-Rays. I have dones all the work thus far my self. I think mounting the projector will be a challenge because my ceilings are so high. For now the DV10 works well, I have it on the coffee table in front of the couch, there is a shelf on the bottom so i put it there. I chose the In-wall fronts so I could save floor space. When I take the Projector outside for movies I use big floorstaning speakers.

Attachments

Last edited:
darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Can't say I dig the country style furniture, but the system looks nice. Nice, clean install on the speakers. Good job.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Nice looking speaker in the last picture, it looks just like a dog!:eek: How many SPLs can that thing hit?:D

D

djsHTnut

Banned
I am not fond of the furniture myself either. But I have only had my house since October of '05, and when I moved in I had no furniture and at the time my parents eanted something new so they just gave me the furniture. The furniture was barely a year old when I got it, it was just to big for my parents living room. My mom is into country style decor. I would like to have a leather couch that is in an arc shape.

The dog is my 1 year old lab, he is about 90lbs. He has a pretty scary bark, but thats all it is, bark and no bite.

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
Congrats on the nice HT djs....

That looks like a fine place to crack open a few adult beverages....... and soak in a couple movies on movie-night:cool:

Never mind those dissing your room theme, because when the opening credits roll on movie night........ all HT decor looks the exactly same!!

Last edited:
D

djsHTnut

Banned
Thanks Buckeye_Nut. Movies are thoroughly enjoyed now. I cant believe I watched wide screen movies on a 36" tv for so long. I actually jump and feel like I’m in the movie now.

D

djsHTnut

Banned
Some new updates:

New receiver= Yamaha HTR-5990
Surrounds= Matching pair of HTD HD-W80 installed in the ceiling & Infinity Surrounds.

Plus some Curtains to help control the light.

Attachments

W

westcott

Audioholic General
Congratulations on putting together a clean installation of a home theater. It is nice to have a large space and you have done a nice job. The paint color looks just like the color I used in my living room and dining room. I am also glad to see you did not place your front speakers too high, but more in line with ear level. I can not tell you how many in wall installations I have seen where the left and right channel are two foot higher then the center. Enjoy!

D

djsHTnut

Banned
Thanks Westcott. I wasn't sure how the In-Wall setup would sound at first. I would like to have some towers, but with my living room being how it is I really needed to save as much space as possible. I still think the sound quality is good. And all of my family that listens to it enjoys it so much, especially with the projector. So in the end that is what is important. It just keeps you from changing speakers all the time, which ultimately is a good thing because it will keep me out of trouble.

D

djsHTnut

Banned
Thanks! It definitely makes the dcor look great. You also get a lot of conversation about them, whenever someone comes over they dont even notice them at first then they are so surprosed they are speakers, makes for a good effect. I am also glad that they sound so nice, I enjoy them and my family and guests do, but Im sure a lot of the audiophiles will frown upon inwalls.

rdb4133

rdb4133

Audioholic Intern
Very nice setup djsHTnut!! :) How do you find the quality playing DVD's on the Optoma DV10?

D

djsHTnut

Banned
I find the quality very good. I also watch HD through it. I know it is only 480P, but with its image resize of 1400 x 1050 through the SXGA+, you would never know it was 480P. It does such a good job, especially with the 84" screen, that I will be able to hold off on a newer projector for a while. With the curtains I have it is plenty bright enough to watch in the day. Before I got the curtains I wasn't able to watch in the day though. The only thing I don't like is i cant mount it to the ceiling. But this was an experiment to see how it would work with my room, I paid less than $400 from either this forum or hometheaterforum.com from a member. When I get a new projector I am going to keep this one though, because I take it outside and hook up surround sound and everything, everybody loves it.

rdb4133

rdb4133

Audioholic Intern
I find the quality very good. I also watch HD through it. I know it is only 480P, but with its image resize of 1400 x 1050 through the SXGA+, you would never know it was 480P. It does such a good job, especially with the 84" screen, that I will be able to hold off on a newer projector for a while. With the curtains I have it is plenty bright enough to watch in the day. Before I got the curtains I wasn't able to watch in the day though. The only thing I don't like is i cant mount it to the ceiling. But this was an experiment to see how it would work with my room, I paid less than $400 from either this forum or hometheaterforum.com from a member. When I get a new projector I am going to keep this one though, because I take it outside and hook up surround sound and everything, everybody loves it.
Hey djsHTnut! :) That's great your projector can handle that high of a resolution so that it can downscale to 480P. I recently upgraded to the Mitsubishi HC1500 (720p DLP) and it's spectacular! I'll be keeping my 4805 as a backup/secondary projector though.

D

djsHTnut

Banned
How is the improvement in performance? I have been eye balling that Mitsubishi and the optoma equivalent. They will be my top 2 choices when I go to get a new projector to mount from my ceiling, unless 1080p projectors fall fast soon.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis