New System recommendations

K

kav

Audiophyte
I just bought and about to start putting together our home theater system. This is the first time I've done anything other than an out of box system. Can you guys make comments on the hardware I bought and if you have any recommedations for changes. This is going into a big living room.

Denon AVR-689
Klipsch RF62 Tower fronts
Klipsch RC10 Center channel
Klipsch RPW10 10" Sub
(I paid 1450.00 CND for the above - approx 45% off retail)

I did not get any rear speakers and was going to use some old speakers I had for now..

My worries at present are - should I go the next Denon up, because of the 1080p unconverter?

Is the Center channel big enough and matched to the towers?

Any other thoughts on the components?

Thanks.

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
How big dimension wise is your room? The RC-62 would be a better match for the RF-62s, but the RC-52 would work well and be better than the 10. You may find the RC-10 fatiguing after awhile.

The RPW-10 sub doesn't go any lower than the RF-62s but it does give you the ability to utilize the LFE channel for movies. Folks around here find the Klipsch subs underwhelming for the most part. Being that you're in Canada, your options for better subs are more limited on a cost basis. You could look toward a model from SVS through SonicBoom Audio that would be a better choice.

I would definitely bump up to the Denon 789 for a few better feature options.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis