new SVS sealed Plus and Ultra subs in the pipeline!

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
SVS is designing new sealed subs to accompany their very lonely SB12 Plus.

There will be a bigger Plus version and a new sealed Ultra!

basically, the new Plus is a 13"er with finishes the same as the new PB12 Plus.

1000w with DSP :)

the new sealed Ultra will be a 16"er also with a 1000w amp and DSP. finishes will be the same as the current PB13 Ultra (but i'm not sure if textured black is available - it should IMO)

i managed to get pics of the sealed 15" Ultra prototype, please note, nothing is final on this prototype. they're gonna hide the DSP display on the front face, and it would have finishes same as the ultra and not the plus like this one. the cone material would be the same as the ported ultra and plus drivers. and the final ultra version will be 16".

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i also believe there will be a remote for these two new subs (but don't quote me on that)

oh, and since it's not final, SRP is not yet determined.

(but they did say the new sealed 16 will beat every other single driver sealed sub out there, much like the ported 13 ultra beat every other single driver sub out there)

the new sealed 13 plus is meant to compete with another ID sealed sub out there ;)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Oh, baby. I look forward to seeing their official announcement on those. Thanks, Mike!

Now, if only you could share some news about their upcoming speaker line (due in 2008, but still no word that I've seen). :)

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
if you are talking about the LTS line, i did not hear anything about that. although you must understand, i was not interested in speakers :D

but hear's the few i've heard:
SVS is also coming out with new speakers to add to their S and M series

M on-wall / in-wall speaker based on the MBS model

S on-wall / in-wall speaker based on the SCS model

again, these are prototypes and i'm not even sure if i can post these pics ... but these are basically targetted for those with WAF problems. they're making these with with plenty of artwork and frame options.

unfortunately, i forgot to take pics of the M surround they have in the pipeline.

S tower!

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I'm really excited to see their new products... I love SVS stuff.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Nice pics and thanks for the info.....

Very interesting stuff there.... I knew the Sealed subs were on the way, 16" is a interesting size, but I'm sure it will be a fantastic product none the less...

Its unfortunate my room is so enormous, as even the 15" drivers just don't have enough oomph for me. Not sure the 16's would cut the mustard either.

But knowing SVS they will be awesome and measure very will with lots of output. I look forward to possibly trading up from the JL F112 to an Ultra 16 :)

K

kenhoeve

Audioholic
(but they did say the new sealed 16 will beat every other single driver sealed sub out there, much like the ported 13 ultra beat every other single driver sub out there)
hmmm, that is a bold statement! I might know a guy with a sealed 15" that would be very interested to hear that.

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
hmmm, that is a bold statement! I might know a guy with a sealed 15" that would be very interested to hear that.
They probably meant every *commercial* or *Internet direct* sub. DIY is a whole 'nother thang. :)

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Any new news on the SVS Audyssey AS-EQ1?
it was very ready when i was there, it's working great, i even know how to use it now. it should be out soon. :)

what he said down there. :)

They probably meant every *commercial* or *Internet direct* sub. DIY is a whole 'nother thang. :)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
it was very ready when i was there, it's working great, i even know how to use it now. it should be out soon. :)

what he said down there. :)
Mike, any word on the price of the AE-Q1? Just curious and thanks for all of your pics/information!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I could be completely off in left field but I remember seeing $1500.
Ouch.......that hurts!! This is one time I hope you are wrong. If that is correct, then it is too expensive for my tastes. Unless, of course, I win the lottery.

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis