"New" Subs Incoming

H

hjustin

Audioholic
Looks like the deal is done. Making arrangements now to pick up two Outlaw LFM-1 EXes. The Power Sounds look fantastic and the service provided by Tom V. is simply outstanding, but I feel like the deal on the Outlaws (basically two of them for less than the price of a single XV15) is too good to pass up. And I'm pretty confident that if for some reason I'm not happy with them, I can resell them and not lose any money.

Couches are being moved tonight and I'm getting ready to start researching DIY room treatments. My wife was a professional seamstress for a few years so if I can find the right core material, she's very confident that she can cover them.

Once I get the subs installed (and I hope I can get them tuned up properly given my awful room shape and dimensions) and that back wall treated, we'll see how the Paradigms sound.

I've received a metric crap-ton of advice and encouragement from the gang here at AH and I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. Thank you all. :)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Is that a deal they are currently running? I didn't see it on their site!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Lol I got an awesome deal for some LFM-1 EXs, $700 for two a couple years ago! You will enjoy your subs, I am sure. Depending on their placement, you may be able to raise the crossover higher than the usual 80 hz without localization, so if you want more powerful mid bass, it is at your fingertips.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Congrats! I'm very happy with my single EX, but I'd love to pick up two for that price.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Nice going! Fussing over setting up of the home theater is just as fun as enjoying a good movie or CD.

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
Check out the Room Treatment section on Audioholics....plenty of good tips and tricks for making the panels yourself. I did mine myself and they came out great and really improved the performance in my room...I am likely going to add some extras downt he road.

H

hjustin

Audioholic
Outlaws in their current home. Picking them up Sunday evening.

H

hjustin

Audioholic
They're home. No time tonight to integrate them properly--will have to wait until tomorrow after work. Just replaced the Paradigm in the front corner with one of the Outlaws and ran a very quick three position Audyssey calibration. Can definitely tell a difference between the tune but needs work.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Congrats!!

By the way, Storm would look much less worried if you had a projector screen spanning the width of the fronts :D.

H

hjustin

Audioholic
Congrats!!

By the way, Storm would look much less worried if you had a projector screen spanning the width of the fronts :D.
I have a gallery on another forum and everyone keeps telling me that. My wife is still in shock from the size of the Outlaws in the living. Granted she's into this stuff, too, but her threshold is lower than mine.

I level matched the subs at 72dB and Audyssey set them at -12dB. Pretty boomy right now. I have the Outlaws in extension mode. Need to find more info.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis