Matt34

Matt34

http://www.epiksubwoofers.com/blog/

Here at Epik Subwoofers, we’ve been moving our company to a new location. For those of you who are worried about future pickups, we haven’t moved far. :)

During this time we have also been behind the scenes, working on a new product, as some of you may have suspected. The product will be available shortly, with all the information and pictures on our website. In the mean time, here are some of the general specs and information we wanted to let you in on right away.

The new product is a dual 15 inch sealed subwoofer called the Empire. The Empire features our new Parallel Drive Technology.TM To properly utilize this technology, we’ve engineered it to use a pair of proprietary 15 inch drivers oriented in a force-cancelling configuration. They are powered by our proven 600 watt Epik amplifier platform complete with XLR inputs and fantastic reliability.

The cabinet design features massive 1 inch thick MDF construction with internal bracing. The cabinet even has a sealed sub-enclosure for the amplifier to ensure high performance and reliability. It features dual grills with heavy-duty 1 inch thick frames and massive metal grill pins for improved stability. All corners have 1 inch radius roundovers as well.

Thanks to our new Parallel Drive Technology,TM not only does this subwoofer have deep bass extension, but it can also belt-out insane midbass. Even a separate midbass module can’t match the overall output of the Empire subwoofer. For this reason, its movie and music performance is in a league of its own.

The cabinet is 22”H x 18”W x 24”D. We’ve designed it to be relatively compact so it will fit into cramped rooms easily and also work well in dual subwoofer configurations. The weight of the subwoofer is approximately 120 pounds. This is an inert cabinet that has virtually no vibrations of any kind. It rests on four rubber feet that make placement on any kind of flooring easy.

For a limited time, the introductory price of the Empire subwoofer will be $799. The introductory price for dual Empire subwoofers will be $1499. That’s nearly half off the MSRP!

The new Empire subwoofer is in stock now and ready to ship. However, as mentioned earlier, we are in the process of moving to a new location. Once our phones and internet are set up in the new facility, we will release the Empire subwoofer officially on our product page and being shipping immediately.

If you want us to take your order early, simply email us at sales@epiksubwoofers.com. Otherwise, the Empire’s new order page should be up in the next week or two.

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
Wow. A pair of these bad guys for $1600. Epik might hit one out of the park with that kind of deal. They have a real opportunity to really change things depending on how these spec out. Man, I might need to pull the trigger on this. I've been looking to upgrade the HTs LF section for a few years now (ever since I broke down the super rig I had in my old pad).

On another note: Do u think "trolly" might be an Epik corp mole? Good job if you are :D.

DJ

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
$799 for a dual 15" sealed sub is definitely worth consideration :)

J

jvgillow

Full Audioholic
Note that a pair of them during the intro is actually $1500, not $1600. Shipping will be extra though.

Introductory Empire singles are priced right where craigsub expects his sealed single 18" to be. That will make for an interesting bake-off.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, but I was expecting a dual 18" - like a dual Conquest.:D

You think this dual 15" will beat a single 18" Conquest?

P

PBMax

Audioholic Intern
I may have to re-think my SVS bias... :p
I was thinking the same, but for my living room I'm limited on the footprint, so I'm still leaning PC-13 Ultra. I would've been all over this otherwise.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
This should be a darn nice sub for the price...

I look forward to seeing how they do.... I live close to Epik, I wouldn't mind checking them out first hand. Nice ride down to Chicago with a stop on the way...

Something like this will give the Seaton Submersive a little competition I would think based on its price point...

Your talking about ported vs sealed, here so the 18" will be a bit more effortless and the dual sealed 15" could show signs of being amp limited depending of coarse on the situation, but I'll bet it will be pretty nice nonetheless..

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
Something like this will give the Seaton Submersive a little competition I would think based on its price point..
I think that's the whole point. Gawd, I just love this whole internet direct race to perfection. We've made more strides within the last 10 years in LF technology development and manufacture than in all the years previous.

The industry big boys like Velodyne, Def Tech and JL have gotta be shittin their pants about all of this. Unbelievable speed of evolution, and economy of scale.

DJ

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan

I'm sure it could beat it, but it just depends... it definitely has the potential for more output.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think that's the whole point. Gawd, I just love this whole internet direct race to perfection. We've made more strides within the last 10 years in LF technology development and manufacture than in all the years previous.

The industry big boys like Velodyne, Def Tech and JL have gotta be shittin their pants about all of this. Unbelievable speed of evolution, and economy of scale.

DJ
Before buying the Def Tech Trinity, I thought about the Epik Conquest, which costs a lot Less and outputs More bass than the Trinity.

But because aesthetics (matching other Def Techs), I went with the Trinity.:D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'm sure it could beat it, but it just depends... it definitely has the potential for more output.
You know what the funny thing is?

Most of us have our Subs level @ 25%, and we still look at bigger & badder Subs!:eek:

chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
yes i will add lots of pics.. and you are right they haven't really added any pics on the website yet.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis