New sub design, drawing inside...

bmccord

bmccord

Audioholic
Hey all, workin on a new subwoofer design using 2 dayton 12" High Fidelity's and a Dayton 1000w plate amp. This is what I have so far. I posted this lready but forgot there was a DIY section so here it is.

What do you all think?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I think it looks a lot better and simpler than the previous design. What will it be tuned to?

bmccord

bmccord

Audioholic
As of now it is tuned to 20.4 Hz. I will get some screen shots of the curves...

As a side note, as mentioned before I decided on using 2 12" dayton High Fidelitys and the 1000w plate amp. Ca you think of anything that for the same price that would offer more performance? The goal of this sub is earth shattering low freq. HT audio. I think with these drivers and 1000 watts, tuned at 20 Hz, it would be pretty ridiculous...

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Have you accounted for bracing in that cabinet?

I think dual 12s tuned to 20Hz will be solid for most rooms, moving enough air for sure. Your room is a bit smaller than mine, but I think it will be fine.

On your curves, where does it show it trailing off at on the low end?

bmccord

bmccord

Audioholic
Hey, I did a revision of the enclosure to accomodate better internal bracing.

As for the curve, I am not sure as to what you are asking. It falls off pretty quickly below 18-20 Hz. I was going to post the graphs from WinISD but mine doesn't allow me to export an image and I don't remember how to make a screen shot. Anyone care to refresh my memory?

S

sploo

Full Audioholic
bmccord said:
...and I don't remember how to make a screen shot. Anyone care to refresh my memory?
Assuming you're using a PC, then hitting the Print Screen key usually dumps the display to the clipboard, you can then paste it as a new image into a graphics package (or even M$ Word).

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
bmccord said:
Hey, I did a revision of the enclosure to accomodate better internal bracing.
Looks good :)

As for the curve, I am not sure as to what you are asking. It falls off pretty quickly below 18-20 Hz.
Yep, that's what I was asking - how quick it drops off after the tuning point.

bmccord

bmccord

Audioholic
Hey, I am at the office so this is the best i could do for now. Just scanned in a print i made last night...

I was thinking of making a longer port like I did in my last enclosure to lower the tune. Think I should?

Sorry for the huge scan, I will resize it when I get home and have photoshop...

Last edited by a moderator:
WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
If you intend for people to want to read this thread, please shrink that image to a reasonable size. It is annoying to have to scroll horizontally simply to read the posts. If you don't have an image edit application on hand, post the image as an url; don't use the IMG tags.

-Chris

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis