New Speaker Help - Aperion vs. MartinLogan Motion

C

CaddyShank

Audiophyte
I was hoping for a little help from you guys with trying to decide on some new bookshelf speakers.

The "quick facts":
Room is roughly 12'x15 with a slightly vaulted ceiling, otherwise pretty well enclosed.​

Sit about 7-10 feet from the TV.​

85/10/5 movies/music/gaming split​

Receiver - Onkyo TX-SR705 (100w per channel)​

What I'm looking for:
I live in an apartment now and have had my current Denon HTIB speakers for about 5 years and have been itching to upgrade. What I'd like to do is start with a decent pair of bookshelf speakers and a center channel and then eventually move the bookshelf speakers to the rear when I get some towers in a year or two.

What I'm considering:
  • MartinLogan Motion 4 (x 2) with a Motion 8 center (about $1000)
  • Aperion Intimus 5B (x 2) with a Intimus 5C center ($800)
  • Aperion Versus Grand Bookshelf (x 2) with a Versus Forte Center ($950)
  • Anything else you fine people suggest

I've had a chance to hear the MartinLogan Motion series and generally like them, especially compared to what I have now. I've never heard any Aperions in person but they have a good reputation and being in the Northwest I'd be willing to give them a shot seeing as how they get pretty good reviews.

I know the #1 piece of advice is to listen to both (ideally in your own space). I'll most likely give the Aperions a test run when I'm ready to order but was wondering if anyone had any thoughts of the ML's vs. the Aperions or which set of Aperions to go with. Or if there are any other brands to consider. I'd like to spend under $1000 right now and gradually add a sub and then a couple of towers down the road.

Any help/advice/input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ahead of time!

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
I would get the Verus Grand Bookshelf or Verus Forte Tower, and Verus Grand Center!!

Another option, would be to get the Vaporsound Breeze.

One last recommendation, is 2x JBL LSR 4326P - one of those speakers that most recordings are mixed on anyways, so you know you're probably getting a presentation very close to what the mixer intended.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LSR4326P/
or 2328P - http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LSR2328P

If you're going to move the bookshelves to the back in the future, why not get the center in the future too

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis