crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
OK this sounds better and much more convenient for me overall though getting in back is more of a squeeze.

A new taller and longer table would be nice. I can't hold my phone straight. The TV is not tilted.

20230502_164240.jpg

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
That idea is definately worth considering. I'll study how the LG TV would attach.
It will attach fine....that's a standard mount for modern sets. The key is to get it as high as you can.
Luckily the LG isnt real heavy, and most of its weight is on the bottom.

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
It's sounding very good. The big test will be May 8 streaming a Dead and Company on Nugs.net. I appreciate all of the comments from everyone.

(But thank goodness my NAD>Carver>Allisons still sound much better. :) )

Last edited:
crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
Switching to these speakers came with an unexpected but very welcome change. I am unsure what actually caused it.

When I was using the Samsung soundbar watching a movie from the Blueray/DVD I was constantly turning the volume up and down. Regular dialog vs action scenes. The action scenes became very loud so I'd turn the volume down. Then when regular dialog I had to turn it up again.

With the new speakers I'm doing that a lot less.

When I switched over I did make sure that the LG TV was set to output PCM (I did finally look up what it is and yes, I'd rather unaltered audio). I think that TV was on Auto but the sound going though optical to the soundbar, I have no idea what it would have sent.

From The TV's manual.

LG PCM.jpg

On the other hand, I wonder if the soundbar was set to do that? I have no memory of what the sound mode would have been set to. But the soundbar has these settings.

If it was set perhaps on "Adaptive" would that cause the louds to get louder and the softs to be softer?

Samsung HW-A650 soundbar/Sub.

Samsung Soundbar.jpg

I guess I'll have another opportunity to play with it because I'll be bringing the soundbar /Sub upstairs to the family room. And for the family and my sake, I think I'll be sure to put it on "Standard" and hope that it's better.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis