L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
Anybody seen one of these Sony KDS60A2000 yet ?

http://www.onecall.com/ProductDetails.aspx?sHist=12-79,6-2&menu=true&id=31663

looks like 2 1080P-certified HDMI inputs, for about $ 200 less than market price on the first-gen SXRD. And no dumbo ears !!

No one in my area carries them yet (or the soon-to-come one step higher model KDS-R60XBR2)

http://news.sel.sony.com/en/press_room/consumer/television/microdisplay/sxrd_grand_wega/release/22354.html

Both apparently have the "microdisplay" tecnology. If anyone has seen the PQ on either, I'd really like to hear about it.

M

Martiad3

Audioholic
I haven't seen it, but just about everything I've read at avsforum from the owners says it's at least on par with the xbr1.

J

johnnybon

Junior Audioholic
These new models are not as good as the XBR1. See the threads in AVS forum

CaliHwyPatrol

CaliHwyPatrol

Audioholic Chief
Can this accept a 1080p signal?

Thanks,

~Chuck

NGL_BrSH

NGL_BrSH

Junior Audioholic
I dunno i just spent over 2 hours looking at the XBR1 50 inch and the new a2000 side by side and i am going to say the new one is better. The store actually knew what they were talkign about and had opened the iris for a better contrast ratio.. the Set looked amazing. Still the best picture in the biz.

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
CaliHwyPatrol said:
Can this accept a 1080p signal?

Thanks,

~Chuck

According to Sony's prerelease material they handed out at the dealer show, yes. Two HDMI jacks in back that accept 1080p.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Yes, they definitely are advertising it as accepting 1080p inputs. They also got rid of those silly wing speakers so that you can match the display up to a nice surround system.

I wish all companies would figure out that any speakers put onto any display really must either be removable or very low-profile so that real speakers can be used.

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
Manual specs says it does 1080p over HDMI.

Last edited:
Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
BMXTRIX said:
I wish all companies would figure out that any speakers put onto any display really must either be removable or very low-profile so that real speakers can be used.
You got that right. Or at least make them removable.

Leprkon, seems we have the same taste in TV's. I've been looking at this set and on Sony's website you can compare this model with the XBR model. This set has a 120 watt bulb while the XBR has a 180 watt bulb. Additionally the software for upconverting 480i signals (can't remember what they call it) is version 1.0 while it's 2.5 on the XBR. Those were the only differences I could find in the specs. I was really hoping this set would have been the same specs as the XBR. The Samsung 61" also has a terrific picture but the XBR 60" seems to be a bit better plus no color wheel. I'll read up on this at the other forums.

Here's a quote from AVS Forum on the software rollback:

"I don't see how the SD could get worse? I owned the SXRD 60" and SD was it's weak point - the TV was HD HT Heaven but SD was much worse than my Sharp. I like the SXRD as a HT but my experience with the panel was SD really sucked so I wonder if it's sucks going backwards as I cannot imagine it looking worse.

Hopefully Sony knows what they were doing taking it back to DRC V1."

Last edited:
B

BriGuy96

Audiophyte
i set up the new sxrd 55" and almost puked. I have it side by side with last years sxrd 60" and the 60 makes it look horible. Then new saasung 56" 1080p and mitsu 1080p look way better. The settings out the box are horrible, after using a video set up dvd it made a huge improment. I was thinking of buying the new 50sxrd but know im not going to. Im going to wait and see the new xbr version. I actually think the new JVC 56" 1080p looks better then the base sxrd and a better price and free stand.

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
BriGuy,
Could you provide the model numbers for those displays for better reference comparisons?

B

BriGuy96

Audiophyte
AVRat said:
BriGuy,
Could you provide the model numbers for those displays for better reference comparisons?

Sure sorry the new sxrd that in my opinion doesnt look good at all is the KDS-55A200 compared to last years KDS-50XBR1 i think that was the model and it was prolly the best proJo on the market last year. I was thinking of getting the 55A2000 until i saw it in person and thought it looked super fuzzy. Im gonna wait and see what the new KDS-R60XBR2 has to offer. I actually think the JVC HD56FN97 looks better and uses the same lcos as the sxrd line. Im not a huge fan of DLP but i also think the Mitsu WD-57731 and samsung HL-S5687W look better as well. There all around the same size 55", 56", and a 57" Hope that clears it up a little.. it was 3am when i posted that lol

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
Thanx Bri, I'm also waiting on the KDS-R60XBR2 as well as the Mits WD-65831. Might also consider the JVS D-ILAs, they always seem to get good reviews as well.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis