C

cardude99

Enthusiast
hey guys this is my first time on an audio forum, normally i frequent car and cell phone forums.`but anyways, i just decided to upgrade from my current Sony HT-SS360 because i wanted to get better sound and a more professional system. the Sony still works fine and is great for an entry level system on a budget but i was tired of proprietary connections and have to replace a wire if it got torn for whatever reason. Sony will not let you buy just the cord you need but the entire set of cords for a cool 65 after tax.

so to remedy this situation i opted for a new htib with the Onkyo HT-S5500. I got it on amazon for about 450. I know its not going to be be the best system in the world, but i still am on a budget and wanted something a little more high end than what i had. from everything i have been reading it is worlds better than what i currently have. I also purchased 100m of monster thx certified 16 gauge speaker wire with 24k gold plated banana plugs to replace bad and most likely short wiring that will come with the system.

so what do you guys all think of my soon to be new addition? I really am looking forward to your input.

S

Scumfrog

Junior Audioholic
I think you did just fine. If you can, return the monster wire-keep the plugs-and go Radio Shack Mega Cable. Plug it in and enjoy!
Mike

C

cardude99

Enthusiast
I think you did just fine. If you can, return the monster wire-keep the plugs-and go Radio Shack Mega Cable. Plug it in and enjoy!
Mike
thanks man actually i got the wire at a great price so im gonna hold on to it, so far ive only had time to run it to one speaker but it made a great deal of difference in quality. im gonna try to run it to the rest of them by the end of the weekend.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Speaker Wires

For future reference, something like the above is just as good as monster cable and costs less than monster even when it's on sale (usually).

Monster is generally known for touting things that won't make a bit of audible difference and then charging an arm and a leg and maybe a few fingers to get it. :D

However, as long as you're happy we're happy so good luck. :)

C

cardude99

Enthusiast
thank you for letting me know that, i will keep that in mind in the future. the setup is all done and after i finally got around to setting it up with the auddessy mic thing, the sound is amazing. made a huge difference. I love the new setup.

my next step is to hide the wires with masking tape and paint. to make them blend in more and not stick out.

C

cardude99

Enthusiast
i ll get some up as soon as i can, keep in mind i will still need to paint the wires to blend everything in.

Last edited:
S

Scumfrog

Junior Audioholic
Glad you are happy. Thats what it's all about.
Mike

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!

Man I wish I were the at the place he is at right now. My wallet would be much happier!! :D

I love hearing people stoked with their new setup...no matter the level!!!

C

cardude99

Enthusiast
thanks for all the compliments, sorry for the wait on the pics, i am busy as hell with work and school right now. here are the pics, pardon the mess and the dogs lol.

C

cardude99

Enthusiast
the pics are bad quality because all i have is a cell phone to use. if you notice in the last pic i started to tape the wire, after i tape the rest i will paint and in theory no one will notice the hideous wires running up the walls.

S

Scumfrog

Junior Audioholic
Looks pretty darn nice. Diggin the dogs on the couch too.
Mike

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis