E

Erhan

Audiophyte
Hello all,

Just joined to the forum and I would like to get your opinion on the below system. This is intended for music listening only. I have the TV in a separate room, and at this point I do intend to keep the two separate.

NAD C356bee
OPPO Bdp-103
PSB T6

I would use the Oppo as a network media player (flac/aiff) heavily as well as cd/sacd player.

I listen to Jazz, Blues, Classical, Rock, and Metal.

I know that I need to demo the speakers before I buy, but based on my research PSB T6 seems like a good one. Love the Paradigm Studio 60s, but out of my reach right now.

Anyhow, how does this system look? Is it "balanced"? With the same budget ($2500), what would you do different?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
ARES24

ARES24

Full Audioholic
Looks good to me.

Some people like to use smaller bookshelves and a separate sub for music systems. It depends on your room and listening preferences, just something to consider.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
Speakers are very subjective, and so you ought to listen and decide for yourself. If it were me buying it, I would go with Magnepan speakers. To stay on budget, it would have to be the MG12 (or lower):

MG 12 - Magnepan, Inc.

Magnepan MG12 and MMG Loudspeakers | The Absolute Sound

I would be tempted to use the Oppo as a preamp, and just buy a power amp instead of the integrated amplifier you have in mind. Perhaps this:

XPA-2 | 300W x 2 | Emotiva Audio | High-end audio components for audiophiles and videophiles, spanning 2-channel music systems, as well as 5.1 and 7.1 home theaters. Products include multichannel amplifiers, stereo amplifiers, and monoblock amplifier

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis