New purchases for my 5.1 setup. Need some help with some surrounds and center speakers.

A

Airontay

Audiophyte
I have priced these three pieces and need some suggestions on a center speaker and two surround speakers. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Would like to stay around $1200 if possible.

Yamaha Reciever RX-A720 ($470)
Pioneer SP-FS52 ($98) x2
Polk PSW505 12" ($180)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Welcome! What size is your living room? The Yammy looks good. The Pioneers speakers are great get them as well as the center speaker. The sub Is not a good choice. I have this one and It rocks my Apt. It shocks me everytime. Our member Jman(Jim) reviewed it: PS10 10" High Powered Premium Home Theater Subwoofer

A

Airontay

Audiophyte
Thanks for the help afterlife2. My setup will be in the basement with approx 15x14 area. I will take a look at the sub. Are there any issues with connecting the PS10 to the receiver?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
A

Airontay

Audiophyte
Thanks again for your help. I plan on mounting the surround on the ceiling. Those bookshelf speaker look pretty big. Are there any others that might be smaller, but can perform the same for around the same price? Also, I will have my basement pre-wired for surround sound. What gauge speaker wire should I recommend?

Airontay

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Last edited by a moderator:
A

Airontay

Audiophyte
I plan on picking up the center tomorrow. I can get it for $77 on sale a Nebraska Furniture Mart here in Nebraska. I will order sub and surrounds from the other websites. Can't wait to get into the new house to set up the system. :) Thanks again for the help!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Sure thing. Came back and let me know your thoughts. Pics are always nice too. Congrats and enjoy your new home.

pddufrene

pddufrene

Audioholic
I agree with afterlife the pioneer's rock I bought the whole system, the center, tower speakers and surrounds, I didn't buy the sub because its to small for my room. That's what I'm looking for right now, I mounted the surround speakers to the back wall of my room with some clamping style mounts I bought from amazon. I used 14gauge wire to run my speakers. I also purchased a Yamaha rx-573 from tigerdirect.com for $350 its 7.1 with 115 watts per channel. I also bought my speakers from there for cheaper than u can get them from amazon.

A

Airontay

Audiophyte
Afterlife2,

I missed out on the Nxg Pro speakers. They are no longer available. Do you have another comparable recommendation for satellites? Couple more days to get this set up, I can't wait much longer. Thanks for your time.

Airontay

A

Airontay

Audiophyte
Thanks Afterlife2! Going with the JBL's. Can't wait to get things hooked up!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Good show. Don't forget to comeback and show off the setup. Have fun!

A

Airontay

Audiophyte
Afterlife2,

Got my cable today and I think I might need a Y-adapter. Can I get away with plugging it into the left or right input only?
Thanks for your help.

Airontay

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis