New Pioneer AV issues

Y

Yerigh

Audiophyte
Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and would like to ask about a problem I am having. I just purchased a new Pioneer VSX-70 AV Receiver and am not able to see any video on my tv. I have an older TV. It is an LG RU-52SZ61D. It does not have any hdmi inputs but does have a DVI that I have always used using an hdmi to dvi adapter. The manual says the tv needs to be Hdcp compliant. My tv is. I tried switching the hdmi outputs between 1 and 2 but nothing. When I turn off the hdmi output I can hear sound but still no picture. Anyone know about these and any suggestions?
Thanks for any help.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome to the forum!

It may be a resolution issue. That TV is 720P, correct? Do you know if it can convert 1080 inputs to 720? If not, double check your video source and what resolution it is outputting. Also, the HDMI-to-DVI adapter might be messing up the Pioneer's ability to auto detect your TV's resolution - so, you might try setting the output resolution to 720P. Check out page 65 of the Pioneer owner's manual for how to set the output resolution.

Y

Yerigh

Audiophyte
Thanks for the advice. I went to the video parameters of my directv and switched the output to 720p. I also set the video parameters the same. Still no signal. The only way I get sound is to set the hdmi output to off. When I try turning on either output 1 or 2, it doesn't recognize the directv box.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hmmm. On page 59 of the manual, it discusses HDMI Control (which includes settings for ARC, or Audio Return Channel). Try setting that to "Off."

Y

Yerigh

Audiophyte
I tried that as well. I have a newer led tv at my office that has an hdmi input. I'm going to take the receiver there and see if I can get picture on that. If so, I may be stuck using component cables until I get a new tv. I really hope I'm messing up in the settings. Do you know anyone in the Las Vegas area that does home av installation? If so, I would love to hire them.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Best of luck, and sorry that I couldn't help. Perhaps a different HDMI-to-DVI adapter might work?

I don't know anyone in the Vegas area, but someone else here might.

Y

Yerigh

Audiophyte
I really appreciate your help and i will let you know what transpires.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis