New Panasonic 800 series

L

LostnProjection

Enthusiast
I think that the spring release date is becoming a reality. Best Buy already has the 42" PX80 on their website to order. Amazon.com also has the 50"PZ800 on their website, however it says it will take two to five weeks to ship.

E

Emusica

Audioholic
Thanks for the tip, I was hoping they would be out sooner than later.

L

LostnProjection

Enthusiast
If you're willing to wait a little longer the 800's should be coming into stores in late march or very early may. I actually got to see one of the 42PX80's earlier this week. It was a phenomenal t.v. At my store we hung the t.v up right next to some 1080P lcds and it blew them away despite it's only being 720P. We then sold the t.v. about 45min later and are desperately hoping we will get more in. So for anyone thinking about getting a 2007 model I strongly urge you to wait until you see a 2008 model in action they are incredible.

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
I've owned a 700U 1080P plasma, the 58 inch since before Christmas season last year.

Just awesome! The only regret I have is it's not 24fps compatible.

annunaki

annunaki

The new models should be out this spring from what I am seeing at retailers. Most are all but out of Panasonic's 700 series.

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
This new 800 series makes me want to buy the 58in model and hang my 50" 75U in the bedroom. Although my wife would kill me if I did that :(

E

Emusica

Audioholic
This new 800 series makes me want to buy the 58in model and hang my 50" 75U in the bedroom. Although my wife would kill me if I did that :(
Damn, you read my mind. That's EXACTLY what I plan on doing! My wife is actually up for it, she wants to get rid of the big ugly 32 inch CRT that occupies too much space. Put my current panny in our bedroom, put the new one downstairs. Man I love her:D

HiDefGuru

HiDefGuru

Junior Audioholic
Just got the px80 on display at my store... VERY Nice! Should be a few weeks before they're available for purchase. I'll be waiting to see If our panasonic rep comes through with news of a direct buy or rebate program.

The new box looks cheap though... :( it looks like you're bringing a Vizio home, and everyone knows you HAVE to time your New TV purchase with your neighbor's arrival home from work/school/workout.

(unhooking tie-downs in the back of the truck)

"Hey Bill! How's the wife treatin ya? Oh this? oh yeah, it's my new Panasonic 50" Plasma. It's got 1 million to one contrast and a 480hz subfield processing. Oh Those? My new Bowers and Wilkins 703 Tower speakers with a Kevlar weave and free-mounted Tweeter. Oh that? My new 45ft. Yacht. Yeah, she's a beaut. I named her aft..... Bill? Where ya goin Bill? BILL!? Alright I'll see you at the barbecue Sunday!"

Last edited:
HiDefGuru

HiDefGuru

Junior Audioholic
*** UPDATE ***

Well, not available at my store yet :( , but you can Now order the th-42px80u from... *shudder* BestBuy. So cal stores get it 3-5 days form purchase date.

LET THE BUYING BEGIN!

flexodude

flexodude

Junior Audioholic
Can't Wait!

I'm glad I held off buying, this looks like it could challenge the Pioneer line, but for a better price.

I was going to buy the 5080hd, but have held off because of the price, so maybe these new 800 series will get good reviews and be cheaper than the Pioneer line.

I bought some moving straps a year ago to move my 300+lb Sony Wega to the basement, so hopefully I will get to use them this spring. :rolleyes:

E

Emusica

Audioholic
UPDATE:

BestBuy now has the new Panasonic plasmas.

TH-50PZ85U is on sale for $2429.99:eek: (more than $1000 less than my current Panny plasma)
TH-42PZ85U is on sale for $1619.99

Only thing is, doesn't seem like they have the cable boxes built-in, as per the news letter on Panasonic's website, stating the features of the new Vieras. They called it the "Tru2Way" tech that eliminates the big a$$ HD cable box. I looked around on their site but couldn't find any info, not even the original news letter I read.:confused:

Other than that, I will be picking one up shortly.:D

R

rcpilot_971

Audioholic
fry's has the new 50in 800 in they had a 50in 800 next to one of the old 50in 700 and the 700 looked better looked like it had a smoother picture and the new 800 had just a slight tad bit brighter picture both were 1080p the new 50 800 was 2499.99 also they changed the base or stand on the new 800 and it is ulgly the old oval one on the 700s was much better looking

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis