New Monoprice Subs!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
On paper, sure. But the actual style and dimensions of the cabinets made me think HSU. SVS went the retail route already, and this concept would seem to underscore what Rythmik does. Of course there's still a bunch more brands that do actively seek THX certification, just the concept struck me as logical if this is indeed a HSU collaboration. Anyway....
Hsu was not involved in the design of this subwoofer.

ATLAudio

ATLAudio

Senior Audioholic
As I understand it, a class D amp and DSP shaping on-board rules out HSU's and Rythmik's signature approach right away.

That 15" will now be the second THX Ultra certified sub in a single cabinet. I doubt the main players in ID subs will ever go for THX cert, however.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Monolith amps, monolith speakers and now subs. Seems kind of an obvious direction with the propensity of people wanting to have all their badges match.

Just looking at the amps and the Monolith air motion speakers for starters, would look pretty killer with the matching subwoofers.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Specs look good. Can't wait until they get some measurements.
I agree 100%! Really like the look of them as well. The 15" is a bit pricey. Have a feeling that these will be better that what many may think. Only time will tell. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
My hunch is that you guys are all in for a big surprise...

I'll say no more at this time.
Come on Shady at least give us a bit if a hint if YOU know something we don't regarding the new Monolith subs. Obviously YOU are a bit optimistic which is a good sign. These may be better/offer more than we think. Just saying..........:):):)!

Cheers,

Phil

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
All signs point toward these being a legit line of subs the likes of SVS, Hsu, etc. Almost makes me wish I was still in the market.

If they're anything like their amplifiers we're gonna have a new sheriff in town...

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
All signs point toward these being a legit line of subs the likes of SVS, Hsu, etc. Almost makes me wish I was still in the market.

If they're anything like their amplifiers we're gonna have a new sheriff in town...
Yeah, it is going to be rather interesting to say the least. Looking forward to seeing how it all unfolds. Perhaps, there will be a new sheriff. But hey, I did not shoot the deputy.....LOL!!!! :D:D:D

Cheers,

Phil

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, it is going to be rather interesting to say the least. Looking forward to seeing how it all unfolds. Perhaps, there will be a new sheriff. But hey, I did not shoot the deputy.....LOL!!!! :D:D:D

Cheers,

Phil
I s'pose I should have said there could be a new sheriff in town. There are quite a few sheriffs out there now. It's a good time to be a bassaholic. :D

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Come on Shady at least give us a bit if a hint if YOU know something we don't regarding the new Monolith subs. Obviously YOU are a bit optimistic which is a good sign. These may be better/offer more than we think. Just saying..........:):):)!

Cheers,

Phil
You will have to wait for the full review, sorry! Don't hold your breath though, that will probably be a couple months away.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
You will have to wait for the full review, sorry! Don't hold your breath though, that will probably be a couple months away.
Two months isn't bad. Hope, the review is for the 15". But, guess we will just have to wait to see. Worse things could happen, no? :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Well, it appears they didn't skimp on the driver.
View attachment 22259
That sub has been through a lot of testing, you can tell by the scuff marks. It is hard to drag these behemoths in and out all the time and keep them in pristine condition. And yeah, that driver looks like a beast. One part of me can't wait to get my hands on this bad boy, but another part of me, specifically my back, is dreading having to deal with the 125 lbs weight.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Steve, is that the 15" driver in this pic? No telling what it weighs. Looks to be very well built!
Yes it is, and yes it does. FWIW, some of the chatter is saying the actual OEM is Claridy. They produce things like the amp in this XTZ, cabinets for some manufacturers including SVS, etc. I'm getting cautiously optimistic, though I'd still daresay the 15" model has its work cut out competing against the FV15HP and others.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yes it is, and yes it does. FWIW, some of the chatter is saying the actual OEM is Claridy. They produce things like the amp in this XTZ, cabinets for some manufacturers including SVS, etc. I'm getting cautiously optimistic, though I'd still daresay the 15" model has its work cut out competing against the FV15HP and others.
Thanks Steve. Looking forward to seeing how this all unfolds. I agree that in the 15" size competition is rather fierce to say the least! :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Claridy is the OEM for a slew of stuff. XTZ's subs (not just their amps) are just one of them. They haven't made anything for SVS for awhile. They stopped making SVS cabinets sometime before SVS was bought by Specialty Technologies, LLC.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis