C

CraigA

Enthusiast
Hey there....

Just wanted to introduce myself and let you know there is a new guy you can give wedgies to.

I can see there are many of you who are very passionate about this. Although I work in the field every day, I'm not nearly as discerning about all the different pieces of equipment that many of you are.

I work as a project manager for a large AV integration division of a major retailer in our area. I work alot with new construction projects. My job is to make sure these whole house AV and control systems get installed correctly. My work has me involved in alot of arenas including home theaters, custom integration, whole house systems, lighting and HVAC control...etc.

If you ever have a question about any of this, I would be glad to share my knowledge and insight.

Hope to be of help to many of you and I am looking forward to learning alot from you as well.

Alright....carry on.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I work as a project manager for a large AV integration division of a major retailer in our area. I work alot with new construction projects. My job is to make sure these whole house AV and control systems get installed correctly. My work has me involved in alot of arenas including home theaters, custom integration, whole house systems, lighting and HVAC control...etc.

If you ever have a question about any of this, I would be glad to share my knowledge and insight.
Um...O.K...You can stay. You probably know more about all this stuff than me.

birdonthebeach

birdonthebeach

Full Audioholic
you might be overqualified for these boards....

;)

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Have you installed Bose systems? :D

Give us some dirt man...

Welcome to the forum.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
A hearty welcome to you! We could use some integrating around here. ;)

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Yes, yes... welcome...

What does your company use for automated integration...?

C

CraigA

Enthusiast
Thanks for the nice welcome.

As for the Bose question, we do sell an awful lot of it, but it is rarly used in any of the sytems I work with. It is big with the one room systems and a plasma. Since it is pretty much a HTIB type of product, it is not a custom type of solution.

As for the control systems we have, there are really 3 that we work with pretty much exclusively. AMX, Elan and Control 4. Lately I have really been working pretty much exclusivly with the Elan projects. The types of projects I work on usually entail mutizone audio systems with distributed video and possible integration of HVAC, lighting....etc.

It is really rewarding to pull off a solid project and make the client really happy. The process is very long from inception to completion. One of the rewards I like is actually seeing the end result and knowing you gave the client something they are going to value and appreciate for many years to come.

I like to say "I aint the sharpest spoon in the drawer", but I'll be glad to help in any way I can.

Some of the other product lines I work with are:
Kaleidescape
Universal Remote
Denon
Snell
DefTech
Audio Control
ADA
Onkyo
Sony

....and probably a dozen more beyond that.

That's about it for now. I'll be checking in regularly.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis