New Headphone Review Ultrasone 900's........Amazing !!!!!!

J

jamie2112

Banned
I got a pair of these to check levels and stuff for live mixing http://www.ultrasone.com/index.php/en/products/pro-900.html
They are BY FAR the best headphone I ever heard. I switched to Sennhiser HD 25 's for live after using Sony 7506's for ever,like 20 years or so. Anyway these were given to me by a friend who had several pairs,I think they go for around $400 or so and I would gladly pay that for these as they are unreal.The drivers sit in front and back of the ear instead of right at your ear canal like most headphones,thus you can listen for hours with NO fatigue at all. I have done so myself. I could never listen to the sony's or the senn's like this ever!!! If you are in the market for an amazing under $500 pair of headphones I would HIGHLY suggest checking these out if you can........ Cheers

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Due to the cost factor I'm still eying the 7506's. Your old 7506's to be specific.
I'll just jack hammer and acid wash the ear goo outa them and call it good. :eek:

How much is the shipping? :D

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Due to the cost factor I'm still eying the 7506's. Your old 7506's to be specific.
I'll just jack hammer and acid wash the ear goo outa them and call it good. :eek:

How much is the shipping? :D
Don't worry about the jack hammer and acid wash, after 20 years there would be nothing left of them. :eek: The 7506 pads tend to disintegrate with constant use. The 7506 is a good closed headphone but not for wearing for long periods. They can get uncomfortable and fatigue sets in with a lot of recordings. While the Shure 440 can get uncomfortable as well with its clamping force I find it a superior sounding closed headphone. It retails around the same price as the V6/7506. Less bloated mid-bass and more refined midrange. I find the 7506 has a touch recessed midrange. However, the 7506 will play low bass with more authority than the Shure 440.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
looking at the measurements, i think my ATH-M50s are better :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis