New, Great large display

B

BMW

Junior Audioholic
Hi all, I am looking for a killer large display, say 70". I have a Sony 70" that has never been right. Is there something out there?
Thanks BMW

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
What are you looking for? DLP, LCD, Plasma, FPJ?

I think Panasonic will build you a 150" plasma for around 65k.

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
...Sony 70" that has never been right.
Meaning...there's something damaged/faulty/on the fritz, or meaning you don't like something about it? If the latter...what don't you like? It's one of their rear-projection models, I assume?

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Both Samsung and Mitsubishi make 70"+ DLP tvs. I love my 73" Mitsu, and they can be had for around $2000.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
73" DLP is the wtg IMO. Best PQ for the price at 73". next up is a Kuro or Panny Plasma. After that I lose interest.

B

BMW

Junior Audioholic
Killer tv

My display has ongoing problems. Anybody know anything about the new Mitsu Lazer displays?

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

Audioholic Field Marshall
My display has ongoing problems. Anybody know anything about the new Mitsu Lazer displays?
afaik. they quit making them for now, had problems.

Guiria

Guiria

Senior Audioholic
afaik. they quit making them for now, had problems.
I also heard from a local boutique shop that they were very fragile and finicky, they had lots of installation issues because of transporting the TV's.

If a TV can't hold up to being moved once or twice then forget it ;)

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

Audioholic Field Marshall
yeah. the way i look at it. if it can survive all the shipping it has togo through. it will survive anything i will do to it.

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
Would a 65" Panny Plasma be big enough? Otherwise it's a Mitsubishi 73".

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis