New Energy Star Requirement Dumps Your Giant Plasma

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Hehe, no she loves that it heats the basement.
In my twisted logic, the fact that you watch yoyr TV and use it to heat the room is a bonus and you save money from having to turn up the heat in that room. Its a win win from every angle. :D

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Maybe, just maybe, more electricity is being used at home because more people are spending more time at home with their new HT systems.:cool:

majorloser

majorloser

In my twisted logic, the fact that you watch yoyr TV and use it to heat the room is a bonus and you save money from having to turn up the heat in that room. Its a win win from every angle. :D
But he's a newlywed. It's his job to keep her warm. ;)

MapleSyrup

MapleSyrup

Audioholic
If Energy Star is, at the very least, influencing purchases enough to reduce the power consumption of the average TV set – it’s done a good job at putting a significant dent in greenhouse gas emissions.
Huh?:confused:

L

lycan

Audiophyte
seriously?

since when did co2 become an actual pollution, ooh yeah when california tried to regulate their own states cafe standard and the government said bugger-off. so they turned to the EPA and petitioned for control of co2 output not a pollutant then, to make it one. bang, a back door gas milage standard. we all put out 3 lbs a day, more if your healthy and work out. should we stop jogging? and what would happen if we suddenly magically rid ourselves of all co2. uumm. all plants on the planet would die? yup .in earths past higher co2 also mirrored plant growth. maybe we shoul put coke and pepsi and all the others out to pasture, carbonated beverage ya-know.
sorry i just realized i was having a rant.. still fuming over the herd mentality.
1 hour later i just checked, yup still im mad!

Last edited:
C

ComradeBrehznev

Audiophyte
junk science

The problem with guv'ment do- gooders is they don't know when to stop. "Must continue and expand mandate, must continue and expand mandate, ad infinitum..."
[how about stopping before you begin]

D

davee70

Junior Audioholic
I don't know what the hullabaloo is all about. Energy Star carries no mandates. It's the energy equivalent of putting the calories per serving on a food item.

What Energy Star does do is encourage manufacturers to make their products more efficient. What is the objection to that? (No need to answer here.)

I would say it has been a very effective program. Look how much the watts have come down on some of the 50" 1080p plasmas. A good factor of 2 or more.

Now if you got 20 mpg instead of 10, that would be a good thing, right?

If you have to have a 100" plasma, the Energy Star program won't prevent you from screwing up the planet.

Isn't the real question whether or not the lower wattage units have the same video quality as their higher wattage cousins?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis