New Eagles DVD "Farewell tour" (yeah right)

S

SeenThatMovie2

Audioholic Intern
one persons distaste is another's delight. Sorry you don' t like the dvd. It certainly won't ruin my enjoyment of the concert though.

cheers.

Johnny Canuck

Johnny Canuck

Banned
I do agree..the sound is great. I may listen and turn off the TV :)

Good debate guys. Hope you enjoy and sorry if I took anything away from your enjoyment....

JC

S

SeenThatMovie2

Audioholic Intern
do agree..the sound is great. I may listen and turn off the TV

Good debate guys. Hope you enjoy and sorry if I took anything away from your enjoyment....

turning off the picture might be a good solution, if you like the music, but the onstage antics annoy you. (and offstage- I hate most of the crowd shots-far too many)

you didn't ruin my fun. Thanks for not making-or taking- it personal. :)

M

Mojo-man

Audiophyte
It astounds me to continue to read about the 'reference quality' of HFO.

This 'live' disc is so flawed in its soundstage it's obvious over-dubbing (can Joe really sing without using his mouth?..) and gimmicky use of surround placement that it's a joke from start to finish.

Hell Freezes Over put the potential of discrete multi channel live performance back years.

Unfortunately it inspired many others to put snare drums in the rear channels along with vocals and occassional guitar.

The performance itself was outstanding - but the delivery of it was reminscent of the early Beatles stereo recordings.

Can anyone spell ping-pong...

M

maherhar

Audiophyte
You Guys Are So Stupid

Since when was Hell Freezes over a whole acoustic show.. as far as i remember i think they used electrics towards the end of the show. Also The new Farewell 1 dvd is such a good dvd i cannot believe you put this lower then HFO. These guys are 55-60 years old and they can still rock. You guys are not real eagles fans. These guys are such great entertainers and they sound great night in and night out. The rendition of the solo stuff is unbelievable and they have been doing that for a long time they just dont show that in HFO because it was there first dvd attempt and they didnt want to ruin there image because they market themselves great. Canuck you think there new stuff is cheesy lol .. Joe Walsh is singing about his soberism how great is that. Hes sending messages to kids around the world i think that when you drink it doesnt stop and he almost died. He ran wit alot of guys that did die Jon Belushi , Sam Kinison etc... This DVD is the greatest concert dvd ever because you get everything the eagles have to offer ... if you disagree talk to me on AIM maherhar348124

Johnny Canuck

Johnny Canuck

Banned
Unfortunately I had to sit through this crap again at my Brother in laws over Xmas.

Fromage, fromage, fromage.

I love the Eagles. This DVD is just plain sad. No energy, too many horns, a sober very boring Joe Walsh, but the worst thing, the over abundant crowd shots of people half asleep or cougars dancing by themselves who look like they were fresh out of 1985.

Musically, so boring. I can not believe people liked this. I recall someone saying here they had 2 concert DVD's and they loved this one. 2 whole discs you say?? Enough said.

This DVD should have a +50 age rating on the cover.

JC

Last edited:
W

W_Harding

Junior Audioholic
Eagles punching the clock.

Well, I never was much of an Eagles fan, but, Costco was selling this for less than $20 so I said, why not. I had never realized before the great number of popular songs introduced by the Eagles and the members during their solo careers. My initial impression as the disc started was that they played very well but they were stiff and boring. As the concert progressed it became more lively and interesting so that by the end, I felt that my $20 had not been wasted.

The bonus feature Eagles interviews was interesting. I learned that they play these concerts all the time and they play the same songs all the time. One member commented that they have it down so pat that his mind often wanders during the concert and he has to work to stay focused. What is wrong with this concert video is that the players are just punching the clock most of the time and it shows.

Johnny Canuck

Johnny Canuck

Banned
"Punching the clock". perfect description. "Money grab" is another.

Boring, snoozefest. I think I have said enough on the issue. if you are over 50 years of age, and todays music is a little too much to take, go for it.

M

mfabien

Senior Audioholic
Johnny Canuck said:
"Punching the clock". perfect description. "Money grab" is another.

Boring, snoozefest. I think I have said enough on the issue. if you are over 50 years of age, and todays music is a little too much to take, go for it.
I guess you have not paid attention to the crowd in the Rod Laver Arena... there were people from many generations, starting in the teens.

Your opinion is not shared by many and certainly not by myself. That Farewell 1 Tour concert is my favorite music DVD. The first times I played it back, I had a problem for certain renditions of the same tunes as on my "Hell Freezes Over" DTS music disc. But not anymore. It grows on me every time.

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
mfabien said:
I guess you have not paid attention to the crowd in the Rod Laver Arena... there were people from many generations, starting in the teens.

Your opinion is not shared by many and certainly not by myself. That Farewell 1 Tour concert is my favorite music DVD. The first times I played it back, I had a problem for certain renditions of the same tunes as on my "Hell Freezes Over" DTS music disc. But not anymore. It grows on me every time.
This is pretty much my feelings too.

Johnny Canuck

Johnny Canuck

Banned
enjoy if you choose. We all have opinions and that's what makes this forum so good...:)

JC

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis