New Donald Fagen Album!!

Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
Got it the other day...IMHO easily the equal to Nightfly. Good to see him still cranking them out (every 10 years):)

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Got it the other day...IMHO easily the equal to Nightfly. Good to see him still cranking them out (every 10 years):)
No Way! Now you got me interested!

G

Gov

Senior Audioholic
I strongly agree, WOW! This album kicks some major arse!! The prestine recording is amazing! Grammy stuff here for sure :D

P

puckhead

Audioholic Intern
While I like a lot of the material on the CD - some nice funky and bluesy tones and some typically solid lyrics and musicianship - I'm not as enthused about the audio quality of it.

Comparing his previous work on CDs (Nightfly & Morph so far) to this one, it simply comes up short in terms of AQ for me. It seems to lack some dynamic punch and that inviting nature that pulls you in & connects you to the music.

Funny, it still probably sounds better than a lot of CDs these days, but it just didn't wow me like I thought it would.

This will be one I'll definitely listen to in the car, but it probably won't be added to the rotation in my "An Evening with Donald Fagen" listening sessions.

I'll have a chance to check out the LP version this weekend - maybe that will be more to my liking (fingers crossed). :)

Stanton

Stanton

Audioholics Contributing Writer
While I like a lot of the material on the CD - some nice funky and bluesy tones and some typically solid lyrics and musicianship - I'm not as enthused about the audio quality of it.

Comparing his previous work on CDs (Nightfly & Morph so far) to this one, it simply comes up short in terms of AQ for me. It seems to lack some dynamic punch and that inviting nature that pulls you in & connects you to the music.

I agree! Read my review posted in late October on the Audioholics website.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis