Hi

Please help me decide new centre Channel speaker

PSB Imagine C or Bryston AC1 micro

Which is the better speaker ?

Thnks

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
It really depends on what you already have. You should buy the same brand, from the same line so they'll be timbre matched. What do you have now for your front speakers?

S

slyboogy

Audiophyte
It really depends on what you already have. You should buy the same brand, from the same line so they'll be timbre matched. What do you have now for your front speakers?

My downstairs main system is all psb image (image c5 centre, two T6 towers , and B5 side and back surrounds) hooked into Nad M25 amp

I'm now trying to get a secondary system upstairs going for regular TV watching - im just using the TV for sound currently but have two psb T5 towers to use for my left and right. I will probably just go 3.1 up here so was thinking I would buy a new Imagine C speaker for for downstairs setup , and bring up the C5 centre to use upstairs......that is until I saw the bryston used at a local shop , it is much cheaper than the imagine c brand new so I was wondering if it is a better speaker too. It's not ported and the shop wants 300 cad (approx 250 usd for it) which is less than half of the psb new

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You might not mind the potential differences with the other speaker, hard to predict how you might like one vs the other. I don't consider Bryston a speaker company, and would look to PSB in your situation.

S

slyboogy

Audiophyte
You might not mind the potential differences with the other speaker, hard to predict how you might like one vs the other. I don't consider Bryston a speaker company, and would look to PSB in your situation.
Thanks for the advice - I'll stick to the PSB family

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
My cousin has the Imagine C center speaker paired with his Imagine T mains and Imagine S surrounds. I must say, it's quite remarkable! I have a similar set-up with KEF R series, and both systems seem so well blended when watching movies and I attribute that to good, matching speakers, careful level settings (Audyssey & manual for me, ARC for him), and fair rooms. Both of use need room treatments to get the most out of our systems, but the big money is out of the way.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis