New Bedroom HT System.

W

westcott

Audioholic General
Very nice. When I was your age, all I had was a Mc Donald clock stereo that I hooked up to some Fisher speakers, via a cracked case and disconnected internal speakers.

Great hardware.

My only suggestion is that you visit this site I have linked before spending your birthday money on the Sony DVD player. There are some much better performing units out there for the same price or less.

DVD Player Shootout

This site also has some great information on video and audio performance.

johnb554

johnb554

Audioholic
THanks for the comment and the link. i appreciate it..

the only reason i stuck to this player was because of the huge capacity. i wanted to be able to keep all my cd's in one place.

For dvd/bluray/hd dvd, i now have an LG multi drive that works great!

John

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
THanks for the comment and the link. i appreciate it..

the only reason i stuck to this player was because of the huge capacity. i wanted to be able to keep all my cd's in one place.

For dvd/bluray/hd dvd, i now have an LG multi drive that works great!

John
Combo drive for the computer?

johnb554

johnb554

Audioholic
LOL, it doesn't play CDs.:D Sorry, had to do it.;)
lol, yup. thats the sad part... but thats where the sony 400 disc changer comes in.. lol

i kinda like havin bluray and hd dvd in one machine. i cant complain

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Nice set up. If you're looking for ways to improve anythig regarding A/V I think you're at the right place. After doing some reading here I'm trying to figure out ways to incorparate sound panels into my living room without my girlfriend flipping out. At 16 I would assume that you're not shacking up just yet. You can do whatever you want in there. From what I understand room acoustics are suppose to be huge.

Calgary rocks! I graduated from Bishop Grandin in '83. I loved it in Cow Town. To this day I tell people about the "Canadian Rockys".

Why do all the trees in Calgary point north?
Cause Edmonton sucks! LOL!:D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Are your computer speakers the X230s or X530s? I have the 230s and couldn't be happier with them.

You should move your left front up on the top shelf so it matches your right. How big is the room anyway? lookin good!

SheepStar

johnb554

johnb554

Audioholic
Are your computer speakers the X230s or X530s? I have the 230s and couldn't be happier with them.

You should move your left front up on the top shelf so it matches your right. How big is the room anyway? lookin good!

SheepStar
Heh, that PC is now long gone... they WERE x230's but i gave the whole system to my mother, including speakers... Just built a new gaming PC and i've got it hooked up through toslink to the reciever. no need for speakers!!!

The room itself is pretty small but we finally got the plans back for our new house wich we will hopefully be getting built and moving into mid next year.
My future room will be 2 rooms kinda attached if you can imagine. one side will be just the bedroom and the other will have a sofa and my HT setup. should be really nice, lookin forward to it ;)

As for the new PC goes, heres some eye candy:

as for the monitor.. its a 24" LG flatron, but ive got no pics of it for now. Also hooked up to the LCD TV of course :)

A

acidzerocool

Audiophyte
Very nice setup wish I had a setup like that when I was 16?!?!?!?!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis