New 8k Projector to be Demoed

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Evans & Sutherland Computer Corporation announced today it will demonstrate its revolutionary new laser projection system at the InfoComm09 tradeshow June 17-19 in Orlando, Florida. This E&S Laser Projector (the ESLP 8K) is the world's highest resolution production video projector. We've seen a few 4k flat panels at tradeshows in the past but never an 8k. 8k is essentially 16x's the resolution of 1080p. This is obviously not for home use but for large venues. Technology like this, however, might affect what you buy in the future.

Discuss "New 8k Projector to be Demoed" here. Read the article.

Biggiesized

Biggiesized

Senior Audioholic
IMAX should have waited to contract these babies out for their IMAX Digital screenings instead of using dual 2K DLP systems.

HookedOnSound

HookedOnSound

Full Audioholic
wicked projector

It sounds really nice but is there any source material capable of taking advantage of those specs?

From what I understand, 1080p HD video format is pretty much the highest available commercial format available.

I hope somehow this technology makes its way into my living room...someday!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It's almost like saying a THD of 0.000000000000001% is great, but we can't tell the difference between a 0.1% THD and a 0.000000000000001% either.:D

I would think this 8K display will UPSCALE all sources (1080p, 4K, etc.) to 8K?

Again, the questin is, can we tell the difference?

Oh well. In 10 years, if a 4K or 8K 60" TV only costs $2K, who wouldn't want it?:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis