New 60 inch Samsung plasma: how do I avoid burn in?

D

Deathlok2001

Enthusiast
It seems many HD stations feature their logo on the bottom of the screen. Will this burn in?

I was told the new plasmas do not suffer from burn in

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
In general the new plasmas do not suffer from the burn in issue, but it's still a good idea to set the pixel shifter/anti-burn in setting/whatever your particular model calls it for as often as possible. If you give the model of your TV perhaps we can direct you to exactly what setting that is.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Go to menu > system > screen burn protection

Horizontal and vertical should be set to 4. Set it to do this every 4 minutes.

D

Deathlok2001

Enthusiast
Burn in protection

You can only set it to 5 min which is the lowest. It's set like that from the factory

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Are you in screen fit mode? If you're in screen fit mode it may keep you from being able to adjust all the settings.

D

Deathlok2001

Enthusiast
Standard mode 1080.. You can change the burn in setting to 10 or 15. 5 is the lowest

D

Deathlok2001

Enthusiast
I don't know what yo tell you, it's a scroll menu you cannot put in a random number

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I don't know what yo tell you, it's a scroll menu you cannot put in a random number
Any way you can take a picture and post it? If not, you'll have to describe what settings you see, what your options are, what is selectable and what is not, what your choices are for what is selectable, etc.

Otherwise, it is I that does not know what to tell you.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Also, if you read page 81 of the manual that supposedly goes with your TV, it should be 3 scroll menus. A vertical shift with choices of 1-4, a horizontal shift of 1-4, and a number of minutes 1-4. None of which you're putting in a random number. Since your menu setup does not match the manual, either Samsung posted the wrong manual, you have your model wrong, or there was a firmware update that changed the menu setup.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
You can't shift right to change of the those options over the right that describes what I was talking about? on the right side of your picture it says something about configuring the horizontal and vertical shift as well as the time.

sgtjim

sgtjim

Junior Audioholic
Image retention is still an issue, at least with my Panasonic. I have had the panel replaced once because of it. I purchased the Disney "WOW" Blu ray and use the pixel flipper frequently. For me the worst retention comes from the History channel (what I watch the most I know) and one of the local news channels. Both have a big yellow marker. Why do we need these damn things? I know what channel I am watching and don't need a reminder after I shut the monitor off.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis